Chapter 29

"Rebekah is having a dress fitting here at 12, so I suggest if you want to live that you come back before then" Elijah said with a smile as I headed to the front door, I was meeting up with Damon to talk about what happened last night, he told me to meet him at Elena's house so we could all have a nice chat about it.

"Who said she'd kill me if I didn't show up?" I asked looking at Elijah with a wicked grin, I didn't want to be a part of this stupid ball that the Mikaelson mother decided to throw, I'd told Klaus that as he got dress but it was expected of me to stand with him during the entire thing.

"I did" Rebekah said as he walked down the stairs in my clothes "when you're done with your annoying brothers meet me at the Grill, I need new clothes" she looked down at the things she'd stolen from me and groaned "so do you apparently" she walked past me and Elijah patted my shoulder sympathetically.

"Fine" I groaned out hoping this shopping expedition would be better than the last one I was forced on with her, Nik and Stefan.

~~~~ Gilbert House ~~~~

"So they're not going to kill Klaus?" Damon asked as Elena put a coffee mug down in front of me, nodded my thanks and drank it slowly, all the while staring daggers at Stefan.

"No looks like Mummy dearest wants us to be a family" I got up from the table and slammed Stefan's head into the surface of it "that's for being a dick to me last night" I said as he rubbed his head "if you apologise now I won't rip your spleen out" he shifted and rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry," he said still rubbing his hurt, he didn't sound very sorry but then again blood slut Stefan never did.

"I won't rip your spleen out mainly because I know Elena doesn't want to be cleaning your blood off her kitchen floor, I could be considerate when I wanted to be.

"How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago" Damon looked at me and I shrugged but Elena answered him eagerly.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus" Elena said looking at Stefan who had a look of despair pass his face.

"Witches and their spells, what can you do" I shrugged and collected my coat after depositing my empty cup in the sink.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus" Stefan growled out, his anger replacing his hopelessness.

"Yeah, well, not anymore. At least, not according to Elijah and Alex" I nodded and patted her on the back lightly.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds" Stefan grumbled again making me laugh.

"Why do you think I'm here brother? I could easily do it for him" I took a step closer to him and he stepped back causing me to laugh "he won't because I told him you were untouchable this morning" I shrugged when Damon shot me a questioning look.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon asked the room, his eyes following Stefan as he began to pace.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us" she looked at me and I nodded, I wouldn't let any of the family hurt Elena and Damon, Stefan on the other hand, could take a flying leap "I believe him and Alex" someone rang the doorbell and Damon and I shared a look, Elena went and opened it as I came up behind her, there was no one there but a note on her welcome mat, she stooped down to pick it up.

"What is it?" Damon asked as I read the paper over Elena's shoulder.

"It's an invitation," Elena said reading it out "'Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration." she looked at me and I smiled, I knew Elijah delivered it because if it was Kol he'd want to stay and annoy me.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asked coming up behind me.

"The original family, it's in the name dumbass, their father was Mikael, that's just how last names formed back then" I shrugged and Stefan made a humming noise in the back of his throat.

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town. Now they want a housewarming gift?" Damon set his suspicious eyes on me and I laughed.

"We have everything we need thanks," I said a flicker of writing caught my eye "Wait. There's a note on the back" I flipped it over in Elena's hand and read it out "Elena, I think it's time we finally meet. Esther" I met the eyes of both my brothers and saw hope there, I knew I shouldn't trust that woman.

______________________________

Hey, guys, next episode is the ball..... aka my favourite episode.... mainly because of the tux wearing sexy beasts and the dresses but mostly the tux wearing beasts.

I hope you all enjoyed this update and I'll be back on Monday with another one, like usual.

Stay Sweet 🍬

~~ Katt xx ❤︎