Chapter 30

I sat on the couch next to Rebekah as two women did our nails, we'd gotten our dresses ready and Rebekah made sure that my dress would be more unique than anyone at the ball, Kol was trying on his suit while he stared at himself in the full-length mirror that Finn had moved into the room, Finn getting his suit pants hemmed, and Elijah was sitting close by picking shoes "Alex, tell me how handsome I am" Kol said looking at me through the reflection.

"Ah, Kol, you know I can't be compelled" I replied as I stared at my bright red nail polish, Finn smiled at me for the first time and Bekah and Elijah just laughed. Klaus entered the room, anger written all over his face, someone had told him about this morning.

"You made a pass at my wife this morning?" he growled, the woman who was doing my nails finished and grabbed her things, I stood up and went over to calm him down  by touching his face lightly "and you went after Elena?" he growled at Rebekah who just sighed deeply "What is wrong with you both?"

"Here we go," Rebekah said under her breath, she looked smug that he was confronting her which made him even angrier.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus asked with a glare, my hands moved from his face to under his jacket, he shivered and kissed my head lightly, silently thanking me for my touches.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" Kol said with a laugh, finally turning from the mirror to actually look at Klaus. 

"Oh, go back to staring at yourself," I said quietly, he'd been annoying me all afternoon with his comments and snide hints at what he could do to me, even Elijah had had enough.

"And who are you, my mother?" Kol asked with a sneer and a smug smile, I stepped forward to wipe it off his face but Klaus stopped me by grabbing my waist and holding my body to his, anchoring me to him.

"No, Kol, but you're in my house," Klaus said he stepped forward this time taking me with him, his move caused Kol to stand from where he'd sat on the arm of one of the chairs.

"Then perhaps we should go outside," Kol said back standing in Klaus' face, Esther chose that moment to come into the room, her hair was now done in a fashionable bob and her new dress wrapped around her body gracefully, she held her hands in front of her body.

"Enough! Niklaus, Alexandra come" she said walking into another room, we both had no choice but to follow her as Elijah threw something at Kol, as if to tell him to behave.

"Rebekah wasn't even out of her box a day before she tried to ruin my life and Kol, I can't even say what he did" I grabbed his hand and held it to me lips, kissing it carefully, I felt Esther's eyes on me as I did so but I ignored her "What happened to peace, acceptance, family?"

"You put daggers in their hearts. You want them to go down on their knees and kiss your feet for reuniting them? and I'm sure Kol didn't know that Alexandra was married to you when he did what he did" she said.

"So it's a crime to want our family to be as we were?" Klaus demanded, Esther shot me a look, it begged me to say something, anything, so I did.

"Nik, nothing will be the same, everything is different" Esther nodded at me gratefully but I kept my attention on Klaus, as he slumped against me.

"You need to give it time, Niklaus. I've had a thousand years on the other side to be angry and to heal. I'm here to make sure this family does the same" she said patiently like she was teaching a little kid a lesson about life, for a brief moment I saw a woman who loved her children more than anything, but that moment faded when I realised that she was up to something.

"I just don't understand. I killed you, and still, you forgive me" Klaus asked looking at his mother same why I have been for the past day, like she was a pit viper, getting ready to strike.

"It's been my dream for a thousand years that this family could be as one. Forgiveness is not a chore. It's a gift. Now, I hope you both dress up nicely for this evening" she looked pointedly at Klaus' short sleeve Henly shirt under his black leather jacket, and she looked at my tank top that stated that 'my shirt had been removed due to copyright infringements' over my black ripped skinny jeans, she clearly didn't like our outfits.

"You're lucky we're even going," Klaus said touching my back gently before kissing my head, I didn't take what she said as offensive, mainly because she hadn't seen the worst of my shirts.

"Well, I'm glad you reconsidered," she said with a smile "It's going to be a magical evening" she touched my shoulder and left the room making me shiver violently.

"Wanna make out?" I asked jokingly, without a single word Klaus pulled my lips to his and kissed me soundly, our tongues danced together but not for dominance, it was just a slow intimate dance that made my skin buzz and my head swim, when he pulled back he grinned at me.

"Let's go upstairs," I giggled as he lifted me over his shoulder and carried me up to our room, before placing me on the bed, we had hours before the ball would begin, so until it started we'd enjoy each others company.

_______________________________

Hey, guys, I hope you all like this chapter, next is the ball chapter and the image at the top is Alex's dress.... like how I tied it in with the cover :D I thought it was clever.

Anyway, have a good day and....

Stay Sweet 🍬

~~ Katt xx ❤︎