Chapter 1 : Fallen Buttons, Jerky Bullies

________________________________________________

**Avery's POV**

Do you ever have that feeling where you wake up, and you feel like you've been hit by a train?

Yeah, that's how I feel.

            I was rudely awakened at the sound of my alarm clock blaring Katy Perry. I blindly extended my arm to shut it off by abusing the snooze button. I groaned and rolled out of my warm, comfy bed and stepped into the cold air of my house as I stretched out my arms and made an inhumanly sound while doing it. 

            I lazily dragged myself over to my bathroom, sort of like a zombie sort of walk. I took my long, brown chocolate hair out of its messy bun that I slept with last night and gave it a quick ruffle with my fingers. I slowly and tiredly, stripped off my cloths to get into the shower.

The nice, warm comforting water soothed my cool skin, but also left tingling burns, on the fresh cuts I had on my wrists.

            Twenty minutes later, I hopped out of the shower, wrapping my towel around my body, and letting my wet hair drip onto the floor for a moment, before wrapping it with a towel as well.

My feet left little wet footprints as I walked across the brown hard-wooded floor, making my way to my closet.

I decided on my plain, white hoodie and some leggings, along with a pair of my 'Ugg' loafers. I set the clothes out on my bed, and walked back into my bathroom to brush my teeth, apply some make-up, and tame my hair.

As I began brushing my teeth, I heard someone knock at my door, and I turned around to see my mum smiling at me.

I had always admired my mum. She was absolutely gorgeous, really. Thick, curly dark hair. Tanned, even skin tone. Much different to mine, since I was pretty much chalk white.

"Hey, hun. You need a ride to school?" She asked. I shook my head.