Chapter 3 : 13, But You Choose Me?

___________________________________________________

**Avery's POV**

I looked over at the door to see who came in, and stood the one, the only...

Harry fucking, Styles.

The moment I looked at him, I dipped my head down, and shielded it with my arms by crossing them over my head.

"Mr. Styles," Mr. Oliver began with a confused look. "What can I do for you today?" he asked.

"Um, Ms. Navarro sent me here to pick up a box of textbooks or something," he said leaning against the door frame. Mr. Oliver gave him a smile and walked over to get the textbooks.

            Of course, all the girls being absolutely obsessed with Harry, I heard whispering, murmurs and giggles.I simply just rolled my eyes.

Weren't you just doing that for Daniel? I thought. 

I began to doodle on my paper once more, making sure Harry wouldn't see my face. Imagine what he could say to embarrass me, especially in front of the new kid.

"Avery," I heard Mr. Oliver say, snapping me out of thought process. My body froze and my eyes widened slightly. 

I hesitantly looked up to see Mr. Oliver and Harry standing by the door. As soon as Harry saw me he looked a bit taken back, but then that signature 'Harry smirk' came around and you could see the pure evil in his eyes.

Okay, maybe that's a tad dramatic, but still.

"Avery," Mr. Oliver said. "Could please take down the second box of textbooks down to Ms. Navarro's room with Harry?"

There are 13.

13 fucking girls in this class, and he chooses me?

He is no longer my favourite teacher.

"U-uh," I stuttered. I really did not  want to be alone with Harry. Of all the things he says to me when their are people around, think about what he'll say to me when it's just the two of us.

"Um...I-I kinda want to finish this....thing," I lied, gesturing to my textbook. Before Mr. Oliver could say anything, a bunch of girls arms shot up.

"I'll go!" Some fake, Barbie blonde spoke up.

"No, I wanna go!" Said some red-head.

I raised an eyebrow to myself. Seriously? Have these girls no shame or self-respect?

More girls began speaking out loud, until the teacher silenced them.

"No, I need Avery to go. She's already ahead on everything, so missing a part of the lesson won't matter much," he said directing it towards me. I huffed quietly.

"Um, yeah sure I'll go," I said with just above a whisper. I walked up to the front of the room, and I could feel Harry and everyone else's stares burning into the back of my head as I walked to get the box of textbooks. I heard a bunch of girls huff and scoff's were thrown around the room.

Mr. Oliver smiled and handed me them.

"Thanks," I mumbled then walked out of the room straight past Harry.

I sighed and just began walking down the hallway, then heard Mr. Oliver's door close behind me. In the blink of an eye, Harry was standing right next to me, walking my pace.

Just ignore him Avery, I thought to myself.

"I see you've got the coffee off yourself," he said and from the corner of my eye I saw him-- of course smirking.