Chapter 35 : Jealous Much?

**UNEDITED**

______________________

**Avery's POV**

The next morning after Harry and I worked on our project, I got dressed for school which consited of some jeans, my black fall coat and some black riding boots. I actually took some time to straighten my hair this morning, so after I was some-what satisfied with my work, I headed downstairs to see my dad sitting down at the counter, eating some breakfast in his... Pyjamas?

I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped dead in my tracks on the stairwell and let out a soft chuckle.

"Dad?" I said. He looked at me up on the stairwell and sent me a warm smile.

"Hey kiddo. Getting ready for school?" He asked me as I emerged down the stairs giving him a quick hug. I nodded and stopped at the fridge to get some orange juice.

As I poured my glass, I could practically feel my step-dads eyes on me.

Yes, I did say step-dad.

David Young was not actually my real father, but he might as well been. Even though he was barley home and him and my mom were always travelling, he managed to still stay in contact with me and my life. Zoe and Andrea both loved him since he was just as sarcastic as Andrea, so they both got along great. My dad would always tease Zoe about her obsessive crush on Josh back in grade 10, which always made her blush and have a mini-freak-out, denying it every time.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked warily, chuckling at him. He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.

"I dunno...I just feel like...Like me and your mother have been around a lot lately," he said sadly. I sent him a small smile.

"It's fine dad...Really. I know you and mom are busy and I-"

My sentence was cut off as I saw Josh literally drag himself down the stairs, his shoulders slumped and his head hanging low. I swear he even...Sniffled.

David and I exchanged glances, and he sent a small smile to Josh, even though his head was hanging down.

"Hey, bud." He said catiouslly. Josh just muttered something under his breath, before heading to the fridge, grabbing the milk carton and chugging it. I cringed at him.

"Use a glass, Josh." I groaned. I was only half-joking about that, and though Josh would just send me his little playful glare, but he didn't. He sent me a full-blown icy cold glare, muttering to me 'shut the hell up.' I furrowed my eyebrows at him and David sent me the same look.

Josh abruptly left the kitchen, full on knocking into, me so I fell off balance and stumbled a bit. I quickly regained myself, waiting for Josh to apologize like he always does when he does something wrong, but he didn't. He just went upstairs and I soon jolted as I heard his door slam.

I soon felt a pang of hurt and sadness in my heart, and David just sent me a reassuring smile.

"Just give him sometime to cool off," he said.

I nodded and grabbed my book-back, about to leave the door until my dad called me again.

"Eat some breakfast, Avery," he said in a 'fatherly tone.'

I groaned and ran over to take a piece of toast off from his plate, causing him to frown at me.

"I didn't me mine you little brat," he joked. I took a bite our of the toast, and flashed him a smile before heading out the door.

"Love you!" I called to him before hopping in my car and making my way to school.

**

Once I got to school, I met up with Zoe and Andrea at the first wing of our school and I painfully regret telling them about my little... dream about Harry. We now only had five minutes to get to class, and they wasted no time with teasing me.