Chapter 50 : Extraordinary Things

Song of the Chapter: Diaspora - The Calm Blue Sea

_____________________________________________

**Avery's POV**

"Avery!" My mother hollered from downstairs, "Harry's here!"

An involuntary gasp left my parted lips, as I quickly struggled to find my other boot.

"I'm coming!" I huffed, as I struggled to pull my boot up in the process. Damn thing was hiding under the bed.

It was now around six pm, so Harry had made his way around here just now. I didn't know what he had planned for us, so I decided to play it safe. I wore a quarter inch sleeved shirt, with cream and light brown horizontal stripes, a pair of leggings, my calf length riding boots and a cream scarf to match. I took all of my dark, wavy waves and threw it into a high ponytail.

I went into my bathroom to just quickly apply my everyday make-up, but that's when I realized something. As I stared into the mirror and saw the girl with the bright, wide-eyed blue eyes that seemed to sparkle. They used to be dull; lifeless. But now...Quite bright.

I shook off the thought, reaching over towards the bag that contained all my make-up, but then froze for a moment.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I shrugged at him.

"Putting on makeup," I mumbled. From the corner of my eye I saw him frowning.

"Why?" He asked. I looked at him oddly.

"Um...Because I need it?" I laughed. He didn't laugh along like I had excepted him to.

"No you don't," he replied. I crossed my eyebrows but said nothing.

He sighed, "Avery, your probably one of the prettiest girls at our school. You don't need all that shit. Your beautiful without it," He stated firmly, but gently.

His words echoed through my head for a moment. A teensy smile made it's way to my face and  I swear, I almost felt a tear fall from my left eye. Why? I have no idea.

I hesitantly moved my hand away from the make up bag, and quickly trotted down the stairs.

The clicking noise of my brown boots sounded, causing my mother, my dad and Harry to all look up at me.

I gave a small smile to no one in particular as I made my way down the last few bit of steps.

"Ready?" I asked shyly. It's so weird. How I can still be nervous around Harry and still get those butterflies in my stomach just at the mention of his name. I guess that's what love is.

Harry grinned widely at me, his dimples coming out for show. I loved his dimples.

"Yeah. Let's go." 

I nodded and walked over to him as he gently intertwined our fingers.

"Don't be too late now, Avery." My mother warned. I nodded.

"I know," I said quietly.

"I'll have her back no later than 9," Harry smiled at my parents.

"Alright, you two have fun," my dad smiled. We both nodded, and headed out the door.

Harry let go of my hand, and wrapped his arm around my body securely. I felt his eyes peering down at me as we walked to his car.

I laughed softly, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

I looked up at him to see the goofy grin on his face. "You look so pretty."

My heart jumped a tad. Harry has called me beautiful, cute and even sexy on many occasions, but he rarely ever called me pretty. It was weird, but flattering.