Chapter 41 : Never Letting Go

***UNEDITED***

_________________________________________________

**Avery's POV**

                         After about twenty minutes later, I rinsed off and hopped out of the bath. I drained out all the water and wrapped my large towel around my body. After I quickly got dressed in some sweatpants and a baggy jumper, I let all my wet hair drip down on the floor, before I grabbed a smaller towel and repeated the actions on my head.

                            My heart suddenly started to beat stronger, as I realized I hadn't checked my phone since I got home from school. I quickly grabbed it from my dresser, slid it open to see I had no new messages.

None.

Zero.

He didn't even try.

            I honestly don't know, if Harry tried to call me or text me to apologize, I would listen to him let alone talk to him. But it's the fact that he didn't try is what hurt me the most. He's not fighting for me. Then again, why would he?

I'm not worth fighting for.

            I gently placed my phone back on my dresser and tried desperately to ignore the pain that wrenched through my chest.

            I felt a tear slide down my face, and soon many more began falling. I slowly walked over to my bed and curled myself up in a ball, resting against the headboard.

           For some reason, I tried to muffle my sobs, but it wouldn't matter since there was no one home. My mother and Josh had gone out to get some food, and my dad was at a friends tonight discussing some business meeting.

            My parents had started being home more often and I realized now that they are a part of my life more, I had to tell them about Harry and I. My mother was ecstatic, and my dad was how any other dad, (except my real one,) was.

Overprotective and stubborn.

           My parents suggested that Harry should come over for dinner one night, and despite the miserable mood I'm in right now, the tiniest smile tugged on the corner of my lips at the memory.

----------------------------------------

I tried so hard to muffle my laughter by pressing my palm to my mouth, but I couldn't help the small giggle that left, causing Harry's head to snap at me and glare.

"It's not funny, Avery!" He exclaimed before rummaging through his closet once more.

Right now, school was over and I was at Harry's house, in his bedroom as he paced around his room, clothes clutched in his hand.

Today was the day Harry was coming over for dinner, and to say he was freaking out, would be an understatement.

All week, he's been so irritable and it was quite cute actually, how nervous he was to meet my parents officially as my boyfriend.

"What about this one?" He asked holding up a fancy, red button up shirt. I frowned.

"Harry, you would never wear that," I laughed.

He sighed. "Yeah, but you said your dad's favourite color's red, right? So I figured if I wear this shirt, then it would show th-"

"Harry," I interrupted.