The Merge

"Good Morning," Mark whispers, as he turns around, revealing his bare back to face me.

"Good Morning.." I whisper, stretching my muscles in the air.

"What time do you go in?" I asked, realizing when I turned my head to look at the clock.

"Chief wants everyone at the Hospital by 12. The Merge starts today, Ella."

Standing up his reaches for his shirt, before putting on his belt.

"Let's go? We don't have time to sleep all day. You haven't even had your morning coffee from the shop around the corner yet?"

"Mmm.." Hiding my head under to covers, he throws a towel at my face.

"Take a shower!"

~

After the cold shower, I'm brushing my teeth, just as Mark comes into the bathroom.

"Have you seen my watch?" He asked.

Opening and closing the cabinets, I glance over at the jewelry holder, and grab his watch with my finger.

"Hmm."

Looking at him, he smiles at me through the mirror, before kissing my head.

"You're the best."

"Hm, Hmm."

Drying my mouth shortly after, I tie my shoes and pick out my jacket, before heading out the door with my purse and keys.

"So what time do you get out tonight? I thought we could watch a movie? Order Chinese?" Mark suggest, opening the door for me.

"I leave at 8, I already hit my 80 hrs of the week. So Webber gave me tomorrow off."

"Meaning..."

"I get to sleep all day..without you waking me up and singing in the morning. Because I don't work tomorrow." 

"Yeah, you say that but then you're gonna come in because you love me, and you're gonna miss me on your day off." He says, flirting with me.

Parking just outside of the coffee shop, Mark runs in and out of there in just a few minutes so that we could beat morning traffic.

"So I heard, your skin graft surgery went really well. How did she do?" I asked him, as I read through his files.

"She was great. The blood supply to her nose and cheek flowed beautifully, and now she just needs 2 more surgeries before her face can fully go back to the way it was."

"How was the reconstructive surgery with your guy?" He said, turning the corner.

"Perfect. We gave him a new face, the exact face that was on his file. I'll keep you up on how his face looks during lunch."

Turning into the Hospital's parking lot, Mark and I hurry before we miss Webber's meeting.

~

Leaning on his shoulder, we wait for the elevator doors to open to the 3 level.

Doctors, Nurses, and technicians were all surrounding the main staircase leading to the second part of the 3 floor.

"Good Morning," Derek said as he kissed my cheek. Meredith also stood beside us as we heard Webber's speech.

"Today, we will start our merger with Mercy West Hospital. These chosen few will have the opportunity to learn from you. They will be in the O.R with you, working with your patients, and also observing you."

Watching Webber give out his speech, I look up to the second floor where the 5 chosen Residents that I picked, are staring back down at us.

"There they are.." Meredith said.