Torn and Glued

2 Weeks Later: Jackson's POV

"Head up..."

Wrapping one of Theo's ties around his neck, I peeked up at him as he watched my hands twist and turn below his chin. His hair, long enough to rest above his eyelashes, was brushed side with a small poof on his forehead.

"There. You're ready." I smiled, patting his shoulders.

"Is Eliza going too?"

"Yeah, Mom's getting her ready."

Picking up the wet towel and Theo's pajamas from the bathroom floor, I saw his reflection in the mirror.

"You okay?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at him sitting down at the edge of the bed.

"...is Mom feeling any better?" 

Rising up from the ground, I worryingly stared at Theo, seeing his eyes drop to the ground.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No." I blurted out.

"It's alright to ask."

"...but it's adult stuff. Kid's shouldn't have to worry." He whispered.

"Hey..."

Striding out of the room, I took a knee, resting my hand on his leg.

"She's alright...what happened to her is just...it's a lot for someone to handle. It was really scary for her." I muttered.

"So the man that did that to her...is going to jail?" He asked.

"...we don't know. But we're working on it, okay. Don't worry about this, I'm taking care of it."

Forcing out a smile, Theo's eyes looked up at me, grinning before he jumped off the bed to head to the living room while I turned to the master bedroom.

 By the time I walked into the room, Eliza was sitting in her crib, playing with some of her toys, dressed and ready to go. Elena, on the other hand, was standing in the walk-in-closet, slowly looking through some of her dresses.

"Theo's ready..." I sighed, leaning on the door.

"I'll be right there."

Watched her closely, she kept the same pace. Pulling out a dress, looking from top to bottom and then letting it fall back to place.

"Do you want some help?"

"No, I'm-"

Stepping onto her side of the closet, I looked through some of the clothes she still hadn't worn and pulled out this olive green dress.

"Here...you haven't worn this?" I said, showing her.

Releasing a quiet sigh, she forced a grin, taking the dress and putting it on right then and there. She dropped her robe around her feet, revealing her partially bruised shoulders and scarred knees. As she pulled up the dress, I gazed at her stomach right when my eyes stared at the suture running across her lower abdomen. Still swollen, some of the staples had washed away in the shower leaving the rest still clipped on. 

Noticing her head rise up, my eyes followed but just before she turned herself around, hiding her body from me.

"Here, let me-"

"I'm fine." She hissed, zipping up the side of the dress on her own.

"...okay," I mumbled, stepping back a bit.

"April gave out the wrong address to the wedding...means we can stop by somewhere, maybe get something to eat. We both know how much we hate catering food."