Mother-To-Mother

2 MONTHS LATER

"Oh my, God. She's gonna die. Why do the blondes always die first?" I asked Jackson.

"Not always? The black people too?"

"Yeah, right. They're the one's that trip the blonde in order to get ahead, haven't you seen Scary Movie 2?"

Eating the popcorn from the bowl in my lap, I could feel Jackson glance down at my stomach before placing his hand.

Continuing to watch the movie, I hadn't noticed that the entire time Jackson still had his hand on my belly.

"You okay?" I whispered.

"Yeah, sorry." He said taking his hand off my stomach.

"It's okay...here. You had your hand on the butt."

Grabbing his hand again, I place it just underneath my stomach.

"That's the head...and that's the feet," I said as I moved his hand around.

Glancing down at him, he looks at his hand before caressing my skin.

"I never got to feel Samuel kick...it's new."

"Seems like this baby isn't as active as Theo once was. He wouldn't stop kicking me for hours."

"Yeah, I remember he kicked you in the O.R."

"Almost cut the Aorta because of him."

Filling in the silence, we were very still as we felt the baby move around and laughed

"What are we gonna name them?" He asked.

"Catherine if it's a girl...and Jackson if it's a boy," I said with a serious face.

"Really?"

"I don't know?" I laughed.

"How about Elizabeth?" Jackson added.

"Elizabeth Avery? Okay...boys."

"Nathan...or Carson?"

"Nathan Riggs? I think Owen would beat you if you ever named him that?"

"Why Owen?"

"Well, he's always been Theo's godfather...I think we should make him one again."

"And your sister as the godmother?"

"What? She's great with Ellis?"

"Maybe..." He said as he wrapped his arm around me.

~

Hurrying down to the E.R., I get a text from my prenatal doctor about my appointment tomorrow morning.

"Hey, Shepherd. You heading downstairs?" Riggs asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"You find out what's it about?"

"Gunshot. 8-years-old. Karev paged me himself."

"Jesus, driveby?" He asked as he stepped into the elevator.

"We can't rule that out."

~

Seeing April console two mothers from the corner of my eyes, Riggs and I head outside where everyone was waiting.

 "Guys, I appreciate that you want to help, but all I need right now are Hunt, Wilson, and maybe Cardio and Neuro. Anyone heard word on Elena?" Alex asks.

"Here! I'm here."

"Good, we might need you for this."

Standing by, we all heard the ambulance echoing down the streets before it turned the corner and came down the entrance way.