Deja Vu

"Let's go, Theo!" Hunt yelled from underneath a tree.

"Run fast, Baby!"

Sitting on a random blanket that Hunt had in the back of his truck, the both of us watched and cheered Theo on as he played his T-ball game at one of the local baseball parks nearby. Dozens of kids were scattered around the fields running, jumping, sliding, and laughing as they played their teams. 

"That's it. Keep your eye on the ball, T!" Hunt yelled again, clapping his hands above his head.

"You know, I still don't understand how you can keep a normal relationship with Amelia after your divorce?" I said, glancing down at Eliza, who played with her puzzle.

"We were friends before we got married...I mean, you and Jackson were still friends well after you had Theo, right?"

"Yeah, but...we're talking about my sister. My passive-aggressive sister, who holds grudges until the day she dies."

"You need to give her more credit, despite the tumor growing in her head, she made our first year of marriage fun...I was happy." He whispered.

"You know what else makes you happy? Kids. You're great with kids." I added.

Noticing the smile on his face, I looked back down at the field Theo was playing at and watched him run right through the home base.

"Yes! That's my boy!" Hunt yelled proudly.

Smiling at Theo as he waves and jumps in the air, one of the mother's nearby turned around to look at the three of us.

"You two have just the cutest family."

"Oh, thank you but-"

"How long have you two been married?" Her husband asked.

Looking over at Hunt, he had the same blank expression on his face as I did, which followed by Eliza giggling and reaching over for Hunt.

"We're actually not married...-"

"Yeah, we're friends. He's my son's godfather, actually." I added quickly.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I just figured since you're here together and you have matching wedding bands."

Glancing down, Hunt shyly hides his hands but I got a glimpse of his rings before he leaned back against the tree.

"Sorry for bothering you guys."

"Oh, no. It's alright." I said, smiling at them as they returned back to the game.

 Letting the game fill our awkward silence, Eliza continues to play by herself when I leaned back against the tree behind me.

"What did you say about ending your marriage casually?" I joked.

"Shut up."

Chuckling at his blank face, my phone rings from my purse.

"Hello?"

'Elle, is the game over?' Jackson said.

"Um, I don't-"

"And that's it, folks! Mustangs end the game 3-1! Congrats!" The MC yelled from the announce table.

"Yeah, it just ended right now, why?" I asked Jackson.

'I have a project for you. You might want to bring yourself up to speed with Cardio before you get here.'

"A Cardio project? Can I ask? Or is that a surprise?"

'I'll leave that up to you. I'll be in Trauma 3.'