We Aren't Perfect

Holding one of the hospital's tablets in my hands, I walked up to the E.R. desk where DeLuca was suspiciously looking at homeless women saying nonsense in the room.

"They...they come and they go and they crack the whip." She whispered.

"Who's, uh...?"

"Uh...I don't know..."

"Do you need something, ma'am?" I asked her as she made her way to the back of the desk.

"Ma'am, you can't be back there."

"Uh, snakes..."

"You might need to call security..." I whispered to DeLuca.

"This...us...there's no snakes here."

Reaching over the counter, I grabbed the phone from the women trying to make a call.

"There's no...there's no snakes..."

"Okay, we're gonna get you over to someone."

"Did you do this? Did you?" She asked me.

Glancing up at DeLuca, who stood behind her, she kept repeating the same words, until her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fainted.

"Whoa."

"I need some help here!" I yelled.

Jackson's POV

Walking down the hall, I took a sip of my coffee when I overheard Arizona and Minnick talking about a patient.

"Uh, I'll come look, but I think that you're right to delay your patient's ACL surgery until after she delivers," Arizona said.

"Thank you for the consult, Dr.Robbins."

Standing beside the both of them, I wait until Minnick leaves to set my coffee on the counter.

"I do not know how you do it...I don't know how you can be polite to her." I said.

"Oh, I know. She's the worst."

"Yeah. I couldn't do it, not after the way she screwed Webber over. I mean, I did. Ethan and Elena, he was just so...fake."

"You mean she wasn't you?" Arizona said.

"When you put it that way...yeah, he was."

"Well, got to go." She whispered as she took a tablet with her.

"All Minnick did was take a job she was offered." April hissed at me, not realizing that she was hearing our conversation.

"No, she stole that job. But you're rather familiar with the concept of job stealing, aren't you?"

"Uh, Kepner, are you up to speed on the big resident transplant?" Bailey said as she ran over to her side.

"Yes, I am."

"Good. You are running the show. I have to leave. Are you up for that?" She asked.

"Yes...I...yes. Where are you going, I thought you were running the show?"

Casually glancing over at the two of them, I pulled out my phone secretively to text Elena.

"Camp David for a summit meeting."

"Wait, actual Camp David?"

"Well, she's gone," I said as Bailey's heels echoed away.

"Maybe you can steal her job too, while you're at it..."

Walking away from the counter, I grabbed my coffee while texting Elena in the other.

'Kepner's running the transplant show' -Jackson.