Sister-Sister

A FEW DAYS LATER

Standing in the elevator next to Jackson, I looked down at the tablet in my hands when Richard walks in.

"Good Morning."

"Good Morning," I said happily.

"Morning," Jackson said with a quiet voice.

Signing off some post-op patients, we move back down to the first level where Bailey and Ben walk in and stand beside Richard without a word.

"Catherine's back in town next week. Thought it'd be nice to have some people over. Well, nothing fancy, just dinner. Who's in?" He asked.

"That would be fun," I whispered quietly.

Scrolling down my list of patients, I get paged to the O.R. to operate with Owen and Amelia.

"You know, that's a fine idea, Dr. Webber," Richard said sarcastically.

"Oh, sorry. Yes, yes, yes. Thanks. Absolutely, Elena and I would love to come over."

"I already said yes." I blurted out.

"Avery and Shepherd are a yes. Uh, how about you?" He asked Bailey.

"Yeah, I'll be there."

"Okay."

"I'm not sure about Dr. Warren's schedule, though." She bluntly said.

Awkwardly looking back and forth at Ben and Bailey, I answered my page.

"Okay. Um, Warren?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm in."

"All right."

"Uh, what can I bring?"

"Um, I wouldn't say no to that artichoke dip you brought to the resident mixer."

Chuckling under his breath, Ben looks back up at Richard.

"Well, that's, uh, that's Miranda's secret recipe."

"Okay."

"I'll bring it."

And just when I thought it could get any better, the door open to the O.R. floor.

"I will see you guys later," I whispered before walking out and directly to the scrub room.

~

"I'm here. Sorry, I was stuck in an awkward situation in the elevator."

"With who?"

"Ben and Miranda."

"Oh, gosh."

"Yeah, I almost wanted to smack myself with my tablet."

"Well, you're here now. Grab a scalpel, It'll help relax you."

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Inserting my hands through the O.R. gown, I slide my fingers into some gloves before walking over to the patient.

"Did you hear that Owen bought a house?" Amelia said.

"Oh, good. Now you can naked snuggle on his sofa."

"Wait. Furniture. Right. I need some of that. Suction." He ordered.

"No black recliners, I beg you."

"Oh, I remember that," I said as I grabbed some gauze.

"Black Recliners?"

"Yeah, our dad used to have one in the living room. We caught our parents having sex during the school day, I'm still scarred to this day." I added.