Take Me Home

Tying the back of my scrub mask, I wash my hands up to my elbows, before entering the O.R.

Bokee and another nurse had my gown ready for me to walk into before stepping up to the patient.

"Thank you." I said, as they wrapped the gown tightly underneath my chest.

Walking my way over to Derek, who has ready in his head gear.

"You ready?" I asked him, since it had been months since the accident.

"I'm ready."

Glancing up to the viewing room above us, I see Meredith, Alex, and Cristina sitting at the edge of their seats. While Webber and Bailey, observed up from the door frame.

"Are you ready?" I ask them.

Nodding their heads, they give me a thumbs up.

"Okay, let's get started."

"Wake up ladies and gentlemen. It's a beautiful day to save lives.." Derek says, as he looks over my way.

"Detractor." I said, as I pull out a piece of cell membrane from the center of the patients temporal.

"Saline."

"When ls the next doctors visit?" Derek whispers.

"Next month..I'll be 6.."

"That's when you find out right?"

"Yeah, that's when Callie can officially spoil this baby.."

Patching up the small leakage of blood, I insert a small piece of mosh to stop the bleeding and join both walls together.

"I found it.." Derek said, as he separated the brain with his forceps.

"That's a butterfly tumor?"

"It's growing, Elena.."

Taking a deep breath, I glance up to the view room to see Owen walk into the room, and whisper something into Webber's ears that seemed alarmed when he makes eye contact with me.

"Make sure to write down in the file, the patient needs to know about this before we can continue."

Almost done with the surgery, Derek and I had beaten our time in an small tumor re-patching surgery.

"How long was that?" I asked.

"1 hour and 45 minutes.."

"And last time?"

"2 hours and 49 minutes."

Taking off our gloves and gowns, we let the residents finish up the patient, as we scrubbed out of the O.R.

"So, have you bought anything else?" Derek asks me, as he takes a drink from the counter.

"Um, some unisex clothing? and Diapers?...not including chew toys for Tobes."

"That's a start.."

"Shepherds." Dr. Webber said.

"Yeah?"

"They need the both of you in the conference right now.."

"Can we ask why?"

"All I know is that it's between the 5 of you all."

Hesitating to leave us, I glance over at Derek knowing that he meant the plane crash survivors.

"What do you think the conference is about?" I ask Derek as we came out of the elevators.

"Maybe their investigation on the plane..."

"That's still going on?" Stopping in front of a crowd, Derek grabbed my shoulders, taking us around the desk tot he conference room.