A Big Extravaganza

2 WEEKS LATER

Turning my car off, I grab my purse from the passenger side before getting out.

"You're here early?" Owen said as he was making his way to the Hospital entrance.

"Theo woke up early, so I got dressed and fed him before coming to work."

Opening the back door for me, he grabbed Theo car seat and held him.

"Oh, thank. That thing is so heavy, I would've just dragged him inside.."

Giving me a weird look, we stare at each other for a while.

"What? It's my first time at this, okay?"

"Maybe I'll pick up from your house from now on."

"Shut up? I didn't say I was planning on doing it, I thought about it."

Crossing the street, we pass through security, before heading up to the day care center on the 3 floor.

"So, did you see your schedule for this week?" He asked.

"Um, no why?"

Giving the caregiver Theo's diaper bag, I slide my ID through the card slider.

"Because the new WR's are coming in today. They're gonna shadow you for the rest of the week."

"What?"

Heading down the hall, I follow Owen to the conference room.

"You never told me that they would have to shadow me?"

"You never asked? Just don't worry about it? It's easy.."

Walking into the room, 5 doctors sat around the table, staring at me as I passed by them.

"You have got to be kidding me? Edwards?" I hiss at him quietly.

Organizing their paper for the day, he hands them to me.

"Here, pass them out will you?"

Astonished, I held them for a while, before forcing my muscles to move.

Walking around them, it kept feeling their eyes drill holes into my skin.

"Thank you, Dr. Shepherd...this is the greatest opportunity I've ever had. Working with someone with so many accomplishments. It's an Honor." Dr. Edwards says.

"Thank you, Dr. Edwards.."

Handing the next doctor paper, the same compliments were said over and over again until I reached Dr. King.

"It's nice to see you again, Dr. Shepherd." He whispered.

"Dr. King.."

Rolling my eyes at Owen who was already looking at Ethan and me, we both stand at the very end of the table.

"Congratulations, you have been selected to study under Dr. Shepherd, for the week. You will study her schedule, as it will soon be yours if you survive her hectic week." Owen said.

"Some of you will be concentrating of Neuro as both Dr. Shepherd's are Head of that department. As for some of you, you will also study other specialties that are not listed in your portfolio. For example, if your specialty is in Cardio, you will study Orthopedics. Pediatrics will study Trauma, and Reconstructive will study General for the week."

"I have a question?"

"Yes?" I say, pointing at her.

"How do you balance all of your specialties?"