Your Two Greatest Loves

FRIDAY NIGHT

Jackson's POV

Opening the front door, I quietly stepped inside trying not to make noise.

"Elena?" I whispered.

Hanging my keys on the hooks, I held onto the boxes in my arms before putting them on the kitchen table.

"Theo?"

Yet, nothing. 

"Okay, then..."

Hurrying up to the bedroom, I tear off my scrubs and jump into the shower for 10 minutes before running into the closet and pick out one of my tuxes.

"Jackson?" I heard someone say from the hallway.

"Elena?"

"No, it's your mother."

"Oh! In the bedroom closet."

Pulling out 3 tuxes from the back of the closet, my mother came into the room already dressed.

"Could you help me pick out what I should wear?" I asked her.

"You haven't asked me that since you were 5 years old..."

"This is a big day, ma."

Smiling up at me, she glances over the clothes laying on the bed before picking a blue indigo suit with the black tie and white shirt.

"This would be lovely with the dress you picked for Elena."

"Thanks, ma, is everything in order for today?"

"Yep, they are getting the suite prepared for you, and the photographer is on standby with the videographer."

"Okay, let's just hope she gets out of work on time..."

"She will, I made sure that Bailey knows. And everybody is keeping quiet about tonight."

"Thank you, so much for this..." I whispered to her.

"You're my son, this should have been my first engagement party-"

"Really?" I said to her as I walked into the closet to change.

"And would be my first wedding planning!"

"Okay, I get it!"

Hearing her phone ringing from inside her purse, her heels echo on the wooden floor.

"This is Catherine Avery."

"Oh, good! Yes, we will be right there."

"Who was that?" I asked as I stepped out of the room.

"That was the restaurant, they are all set and waiting for Elena to arrive."

"Good, how do I look?"

Bringing her hands up to her mouth, tears start to form underneath her eyes.

"Oh, sweety...You look so handsome." She cried.

"C'mon, you said you wouldn't cry until the wedding."

"What did I just say? It would've been my-"

"First engagement and wedding, I get it."

EARLIER THAT DAY

Elena's POV

Walking down the pediatrics wing, I grabbed some files from the nurse's station before heading into my patient's room.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Shepherd. You must be...Julie Nelson."

Looking up at my patient, I had noticed the bruise in her eye and a sling holding her arm and collarbone in place. The purple and yellow undertones had thrown me off a little before I glanced over at her parents.