Round One

"Okay, this doesn't make any sense to me. Does this make sense to you?" Jackson asked April.

"No, you both declared war on Eliza Minnick and Dr. Bailey, we're ready to throw down and now you're just calling a truce before we even start?"

"Okay!"

Hearing a knock come from the On-Call room, Arizona stood up against it to make sure no one was coming in.

"Occupied!" Jackson and April yelled.

"It's me!" Maggie whispered.

"Richard and Elena don't want to fight." Jackson blurted out to Maggie as she came inside the room.

"Okay, can we not?" I said.

"What? Why?"

"That is not what I said...at all." Richard hissed.

"You know what? I'm just gonna call a board meeting or I'll loop in the foundation. We'll just go over her head. I'll get her fired." Jackson added as he talked with his hands.

"That doesn't sound like nepotism to you? Since Catherine is Webber's wife and your mother?" I hissed.

"And yours..."April whispered after I glared at her.

"Doesn't matter. It's wrongful termination. Bailey already has her here, and the only way for her to leave is for her to quit. Now, I'm not saying we back down, I'm saying that we need to play this smart." I added.

"I mean think about Yorktown." Richard blurted out.

"Look, we need to make her want to leave. And we can't do that by forcing her out the doors, she has to do it at her own will."

"So, what? We wait."

"Yeah, until I figure out what her next move is."

Walking out the door, I started heading down to the O.R. for my day.

"Good Morning, Dr. Shepherd." The tech nurses said as I stopped by the information desk.

"Good Morning, is everything set for my Neuroblastoma today?" I asked.

"Yes, everything will be set up for this afternoon?"

"Good-, Wait, what?" I blurted out.

"You didn't see? Dr. Minnick changed the O.R. board just a few minutes ago."

Turning around, I stared at the O.R. board before walking up to it.

"That son of a-"

"Dr. Shepherd, I see you're learning the new list I made this morning." Dr. Minnick said as she comes up from behind me.

"Was there something wrong with how Bailey listed it before? Because now, I have to change my entire O.R. schedule." I hissed.

"I'm sorry, but I really wanted to attend both Valve replacement and the Neuroblastoma but the were happening at the same time, so I changed it."

Glaring at her, she just smiled until she grabbed a red marker and put a star next to my surgery.

"What are we now, in kindergarten?"

"These are the surgeries that I think could resident's can learn from. I'll see you in the O.R. Dr. Shepherd."

Walking away, I kept my eyes on her. Feeling my eyes dry up, I turned around, snatched the tablet from the charger and walked quickly up the stairs.

Opening the door to the On-Call room, April, Jackson, Maggie, and Richard were already inside.

"I only have a few minutes," I whispered.