We Are Not Equals

Standing beside Jackson at the main information desk, I looked up at smiled at Arizona, who was heading our way.

"Hey. So, what's the fallout from last night?" She asked.

"With the attendings, nothing. With me...Bailey and I are at war basically." I added.

"Wait, what?"

"It's a long story..."

"Why, what have you heard?" Jackson added.

"Well, Minnick's car is here, so that means she obviously wasn't fired."

"Wait, you know how Minnick's car looks like?"

"So? That's not weird? You know how your cars look like."

"That's because...You know, nevermind." I whispered as I took a seat behind the counter.

"Hey, did you hear about Alex?" Maggie blurted out.

"No."

"Yeah, Andrew told me."

"Told you what?" I asked.

"He wouldn't say."

"What?" I blurted out.

"Oh, Alex isn't going to jail. Andrew dropped all the charges..." Maggie whispered.

"Oh, what happened last night? Do we have all the attendings with us?" She added abruptly.

"Well, Hunt...I'm not sure where he stands yet-"

"Anywhere where Amelia does, and she's going to be with me," I added.

"What about Riggs?"

"He went through my plan yesterday, but you can ask him after he's done talking to your mom," I said before I looked up at Maggie.

"My what?"

"You're mom, your mother? The one that raised and fed you?" Jackson questioned.

"How could Riggs be talking to my mo...my mother's in Hawaii."

"And mine's in New York but that didn't stop yours from coming here?" I said, pointing over to the waiting room where Riggs and Maggie's mother were sitting down.

Turning around, she sees that her mother and Riggs are exchanging photos through their phones.

"My mother is here!"

"That's what I-, Does no one listen to me?" Jackson whispered.

"I do. Come on..." I said as I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from the counter.

"Mom!"

"Maggie!"

"What are you doing here?What's going on? Are you okay?" Maggie asked as her mother ran up to hug her.

"What kind of welcome is that? Let me look at you."

Walking up slowly, I stood beside Jackson and Arizona as we watched the both of them.

"Where are your manners? Introduce me to your friends." Her mother whispered.

"Yeah, Pierce...manners." Riggs joked.

"Arizona and I are already old friends."

"Oh, yes, yes. Mrs. Pierce and I go way back to the coffee cart."

"Not 'Mrs.'...Diane."

"But who is that?" I heard her mother whisper to Maggie, and I slowly glanced over at Jackson.