It's All About Power

Richard's POV

"I did not meddle!" Catherine yelled as she ripped the bed covers off the bed.

"You meddled. You are a meddler!"

 "They are the parents! They should have been the first to know not the entire hospital!"

"Suing his ex-wife for Fraud Pregnancy Discrimination is no way for the both of them to start their family this way."

"That hussy wouldn't be an ex-wife if she would have just married that EMT in the first damn place." 

"Hussy?! This April Kepner we are talking!" I yelled as the both of us threw the extra pillows on the bed to the floor.

"And this is my grandchild that we're talking about, that I probably won't get to see. Unless Jackson and Elena elope in the next few weeks, April will have no right to treat my babies like that." She blurted out as she threw a pillow at me.

"Meddler."

"You better stop saying that!"

"Hey, I'll say what I want!"

"I am trying to help my daughter-in-law-"

"Future Daughter-in-law. And until Jackson and Elena get married her mother protects her."

"She's on this too! I called her and she agreed that we should go through with this! Carolyn and I are equal on this."

"You are a meddler, a busybody, a helicopter mama, a nosy Nellie, a buttinsky!" I said as we both climbed in bed.

"That is trash talk!"

"Al up in the bug juice. You don't know the flavor, woman."

"We said no trash talk in the bedroom."

"We said no work talk in the bedroom."

Pulling the covers over me, Catherine and I start tugging on the sheets before she puts a pillow to separate us.

"Just for the record, I am right. You are wrong." She whispered.

"Meddler." I hissed as I looked over at her from the pillow.

Elena's POV

Setting my bag on the couch, Jackson and Theo come in right behind me.

"Mommy is grandma gonna be here?" Theo asked as he sat on the couch patiently.

"I don't know, why?"

"Because I heard Dr. Avery speaking to her on the phone, when I walking around with Sofia."

Looking up at Jackson, who was standing in the kitchen, he walks around the island counter and over to me.

"What did she say, do you remember?" He asked.

"She said that 'That hussy doesn't know what she's getting-"

"Okay!" I yelled as I stood up from the couch and reached over for my phone.

"Who are you calling?"

"Carolyn."

Opening the sliding doors, I walk out further onto the patio before bending down and sitting on the steps.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Mom. It's me."

"Hey, baby. How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I said as I looked around the backyard.

"Good, your sisters had me babysit today, so I'm tired. You?"