Medical History

Jackson's POV

Walking down the hallway towards the attending's lounge, I saw Webber standing outside of the door with his head leaning on the door frame.

"What's happening?" I asked him, seeing as the door was shut when I suddenly hear glass breaking.

"Who's in there?" I blurted out.

"Elena..."

"Did the surgery not go well? Did Meghan-"

"No, she's back in her room. The surgery didn't go as plan."

Hearing things being thrown around the room, there was a moment of silence between the glass breaking and the sound of crushed glass on the floor.

"I'm going to go in and talk to her."

"I, um...not a good idea," Webber said.

"Is Elena in there," Maggie asked as she stood beside me.

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Well, let's go in there."

"I don't think that's a good idea. Look, Elena, right now...looks and sounds like Ellis. It's best if we just lay low." He added.

"I'm going in." I sighed, turning the knob and seeing her standing near the microwave before her arm flies across and dumps everything on the ground.

"Whoa...Elena." I said, trying to reach for her shoulder.

"Don't." She hissed, walking towards the living room area.

"What's wrong, Elena? Talk to us." Maggie said.

But she just stared at us, as we watched her. Until she finally just walked out of the room, leaving the three of us alone.

"I should take her home..." I said, heading out for her.

~

Opening the front door, I let Theo run inside to go ahead and feed Toby as Elena carried Eliza in the living room.

Setting my bag on the kitchen counter, I casually watched Elena quietly hold Eliza until she starts to drift into sleep.

"I'll put her to bed, if you want...give you some time with Theo," I added, holding my hands out for Eliza.

"Thanks."

Cradling her, I took Eliza to her room as I could still hear Elena and Theo int he living room petting Toby.

'I heard Uncle Owen's sister is back.' Theo asked.

'Yeah, she's back.'

'She's really pretty. Owen introduced her to Eliza and me during lunch, she told me she had a son too.'

'She does.' 

Leaning against the corner of the wall, I watched the two of them continue to pet Toby until I caught his attention.

"Come on, Theo. Off to bed, you have school tomorrow." I said as he ran over to me.

"Are you going to drop me off tomorrow?" 

"Of course we are," I said to him as I walked to his room.

Elena's POV

Sitting on the floor with Toby beside me, I kept running my fingers through his fur as he started to drift to sleep. 

"I messed up, Tobes...I really messed up..." I whispered to myself.

"I was too confident...I wanted to give her a miracle. But she ended to even worse than when she came in." I added.