Old Feuds

Walking through the hallways of Thomas-Sloan, I overheard Bailey down by the main staircase with everyone as she thanked them for their bravery and calmness over the last few hours since the bombing.

Quietly, I stood beside Webber as I watched her give her speech when I catch Jackson gazing over at me.

"How's Owen?" Webber whispered.

"Good. His sister is being taken to her room right now, I have her under some 5th-year residents for the time being."

"How are you?" He then asked, crossing his arms in front of his chest as he looked down at my arm.

"It's better...Jackson makes sure I'm always putting ointment so that the blisters don't come back."

"You were a true hero towards Erin. She wouldn't have lived without you." He added.

"I wouldn't have lived without Edwards. It's sad to see her go."

Turning my attention back towards Bailey, I watched everyone in the room staring up at the both of us, including me since I wasn't in my scrubs or in a white coat.

"The Neuro, ICU, the Cath Lab, and Pulmonary clinics, these stations will be off limits. Until further notice, O.R.'s 3 through 6 are non-functional." Bailey said.

"Hey, did Meghan get to her room?" Owen asked as he stood beside me.

"Yeah, I just checked her in."

"Um...Riggs and I are gonna need to take some time-off."

"Absolutely. Take all the time you need." I whispered.

"And I actually wanted to ask you a favor." He added softly.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Meet me in Meghan's room after?"

Nodding my head, I noticed Amelia was walking away from the corner of my eyes, slowly heading towards the elevator.

And then suddenly, the entire back piece of the ceiling near the Nurses station collapses in front of us, sending papers and plaster flying everywhere.

"...And also...avoid 4th-floor Nurses station until further notice." Bailey added before dismissing everyone.

Heading back down where I came in from, I heard Jackson call my name.

"Hey, what happened to Meghan?" He asked as he walked together.

"She's alive. I just checked her in, Owen and Riggs asked for the week off."

"And Amelia?"

"I pretty sure I don't want to know..." I whispered.

"Okay, well...if anything happens? Yell." He said before giving me a quick kiss on the lips as we headed our separate ways.

~

Opening the door to the Lab room, I found Bailey and Webber standing in front of the large screens contemplating.

"You page?" I asked closing the door behind me.

"Take a look at this," Webber said as he flashed back to the first scan.

"Who is this?"

"Meghan Hunt. Unhealed wound, probably from the infection."

"Nastiest abdominal wound I've ever seen," Bailey said.

"A massive hernia, giant fistula. The abdominal layers have scarred as fused to each other. Her small bile and colon are just a-"

"One big blob." Bailey blurts out, interrupting Webber.