Finding Safe Haven

(Play song when Catherine and Elena are talking in the end.)

Feeling light headed, there was a shivering sensation trailing down my spine. My hands were clammy, as my heart rate started to increase, it felt like at any moment I could have heart failure.

"Jackson? Are you going to say anything?" She whispered. as he rubbed her sweaty hands on her thighs

The cold winds blowing around us sent the trees in a spiraling hiatus as they started to swing their branches like crazy.

"I need...um- I need to sit down." I blurt out walking up to my back door and walking straight for the kitchen chair.

The rush of blood in my head was slowly flowing back down into my body, like my head was being crushed by the pressure of the wind.

"I know this is all a bit shocking to you, and it was shocking to me too?"

"April.." Staring at the wooden table in front of me the glossy had reflected her face from above.

"I was so nervous in how to tell you, or worse your mother...I didn't know how she would take this when she already thinks I'm here for the money."

"April. I..I'm glad you told me. I need some...with everything that is going on...at work..and the awards."

"What are you saying?" She whispered to me.

"I'm saying...this baby. It will be good for me...for us." I say getting up from my chair I hold onto April's hands.

"We're gonna have a baby..." She gasped as her smile emerged from her cheeks.

"We're gonna be parents..." I whispered.

Elena's POV

"Hey?" Owen whispered as I talked to him on my phone.

"How's Seattle?" I asked.

"Slow, most of the Doctors here are gone for Boston. How is it up there..." He questioned.

I plopped on the couch before covering my legs with a dark gray blanket.

"Confusing? Ethan's in town, and so is Jackson.." I said.

"How is that confusing?"

"Because I just spent the whole day with Jackson and Theo, and before he left he was going to tell me something and then stopped..."

"What? Why?" He urged.

"Ethan called me...said he wanted to grab Dinner tomorrow..which is today," I say looking up at the clock on the wall.

"And Jackson just left?"

"Yeah, about 30 minutes ago..."

Seeing as Owen's eyes wonder passed the phone, he abruptly drops his view from me down towards the floor.

"Owen?"

"Owen!"

"Sorry, there's something going on in the Nurses Station." He said.

Turning the camera's view he points it down the hall to a short brunette woman who has talking to my brother. They laugh and push each other playfully.

"Who's Derek talking too? I thought he took the job at Harvard?"

"He did, but he's just doing more research right now."

"Then who's that?" I asked.

Approaching Derek and the mystery woman, I see Owen walk behind the Nurses desk to give us a better view of the woman, and to my disbelief, I couldn't tear my eyes from the screen.