Pretty Little Sister

1 MONTH LATER: 9 Months Pregnant

Sitting down on a wooden chair, I stare out into the middle of the room. As the judge's voice consumes my ears, and everything sounds muffled.

A group of people sat next to me, staring at my every face expression. The lawyers stride back and forth asking all their hard questions, trying to unravel me to the judge.

"Dr. Shepherd." Someone whispers until their voice gets louder with every step they take towards me.

"Yes?"

"Could you please speak about what happened to you during the crash?" Our lawyer said.

"I woke up, staring up at the sky. I thought I was in some type of dream like I was at the beach. Until I heard Dr. Robbins screaming from the pain, I realized that I wasn't on the plane anymore. I was bleeding from my head, my adrenaline was pumping that I couldn't feel the metal shank in my ribs until Dr. Yang pointed it out."

"What happened next?"

"Next, I yelled for Mark. I yelled for Lexie, as Meredith was yelling for my brother. Eventually, I found Mark, and then we heard this banging from the distance. We walked a few meters out of the area until we find a piece of the plane. My sister was cut in half because the wing of the plane had landed on her. She used the metal belt from the seat, to find her."

"...What was the reason Dr. Thomas' and Dr. Sloan' were pronounced dead?"

"Mark had a Cardiac Tamponade in his chest. Dr. Yang extubated him, while I monitored him during the process."

"And Dr. Thomas?"

Holding the breath of air in my lungs, I slowly exhale out, preparing myself.

"She had a Hemothorax to the chest, as the wing of the plane was cutting circulation to her lungs. She died, just a few minutes after we found her.." I whispered.

Holding my hands tightly, I could see the judge from the corner of my eye.

"Thank You, Dr. Shepherd. You can take a seat now."

"Thank you, your honor."

Carefully coming down the stairs, I held my stomach at the bottom, ad I walked over to the wooden bench behind our lawyer.

"That was great." She said resting her hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" Meredith asks,

"Yeah, just feel light headed."

"It's almost over, we just have to wait for the jury's decision," Derek whispered.

"Do you guys know where Callie is?" Arizona asked as she sat behind me.

"Last time I knew, she was still in surgery," I said.

"She's going to miss this.."

It took about half an hour, for the jury to make their decision. Yet, we still had to wait for the judge to accept the letter. The lawyers each stood up, to accept the letter, before walking back to their desks.

"The jury has made their decision. Seattle Grace Mercy West will pay the victims of the crash. In full pay." Picking up the mallet, he hits the wood.

"Meeting adjourned."

Confused, we all look at our lawyer, who had a smile on her face.

"What happened?"

"Did we win?"

"Yes, you did."

"So how much is the insurance paying us?" I ask

"Nothing, it's the Hospital."