Fear Of Silence

1 WEEK LATER

Tying the back of my yellow scrubs, Jackson and me, walked outside to the main entrance to the E.R, just when Kepner ran out with us.

"Keps, I could use another set of hands here," Riggs yelled as he rolled out a patient from the ambulance back inside.

"I'm on it."

Hearing the horrible screams of the patients, another ambulance drives through.

"We've been paging you for half and hour," Hunt yelled as Maggie came out of the ambulance with a patient.

"I've been a little busy."

"You got this?" I asked Jackson, who nodded his said.

"Yeah, go."

Running over to the third ambulance, Ben opens the door for Meredith who also came out of the back.

"We got a 45-year-old male with a head LAC. Positive LOC on the scene. Also, has an abdominal contusion."

"I'd like to say it's not as bad as it looks, but-" The patient says as his neck was tightened by the neck brace.

"Major pileup, multiple wounds. A big rig flipped. Bigger mess." I heard Maggie say.

"Do you think he his intra-abdominal injuries?" Blake asked me.

"Well, there's one way to find out," I ordered as he rolled Lou inside and into trauma 3.

"Get a sonogram going, I need him hooked up to a central line stat."

"On it."

Carefully taking off his neck brace, I move my fingers gently around the edge of his neck.

"A bony deformity in the temporal region. 5-centimeter head LAC."

"Abdominal's clear," Ben whispered.

"Palpable pulses in all four extremities," Blake added.

"We've got mild pupillary asymmetry. We need to get a head C.T."

"Starting to regret taking that tour of the city today. No rain." Lou said as I lifted the top of the bed for his comfort.

"Thought it was a good idea. I got more than I bargained for."

"Well, you did hit your head pretty good, Lou...but I'm gonna get you fixed up," I said.

"Wasn't my most graceful landing, either." He chuckled.

"Pushing 150 of fentanyl, this should help with the pain," Blake said next to me.

"You know they had a wall at Pike's Market covered in people's chewing gum?" Lou questioned.

"Yes, I did. My boyfriend took me there for a date."

"Now, why would he take a pretty girl there?"

"Hehe, I'm from New York. And I'm also a doctor, so I don't get to spend much time out in the city except Joe's bar across the street." I whispered as he gently chuckled.

"Do we have a room?" I asked Ben who sighed.

"Paged. No response."

"Well, then go up there and ask for it. I need an extra set of hands, so while you're up there, look for Amelia."

"Any pain here, Lou?" I asked him as I pressed around his belly for tender spots.

"Just a little sore."

"A little sore?

Amelia's POV

"I want hourly Neuro checks on bed 6. Sign off on beds 4 and 8." I ordered Edwards as we walked through the E.R.