Signed, Sealed, & Delivered

Staring at Henry Levy, I sighed heavily as I scooted my chair closer to the table, letting my purse rest up against his briefcase.

"So...did Jackson send you?" I asked.

"No...I came on my own."

"I want to discuss your case, Dr. Shepherd. You are a vital part and without your help, your father walks...again."

Blankly, I gazed at Henry as he slowly leaned over to grab a few files from his briefcase before resting them at the edge of the table.

"Look...I get that you're trying to act professionally here and I appreciate it, really. But I can spot a New York accent from a mile away, so if you want to cooperate, I suggest you drop the act because I'm not Catherine Avery." I hissed.

"...all right..."

Taking off his jacket, he tossed it into the fourth chair beside us before rolling his sleeves up just below his elbows.

"You want New York? You got it." He sighed, hearing the strong nasally sound from his voice.

"Away from my cooperation, what do you want?" I asked.

"Answers? Why don't you want to testify against your father."

"Did you came here to harras me or-"

"I need to know why you won't sign those papers? As your lawyer-"

"You're not my lawyer...I can't win with you especially against Leo." I blurted out.

"I'm representing you since you're married-"

"I have been representing myself long before I even knew Jackson...you really think I don't know any more lawyers other than Leo?"

"No, but-"

"If you want me to sign those papers, I'm gonna need you to listen. You want answers right?"

"I'm an idiot if I say that I came here to argue with you for fun." Henry chuckled nervously.

"I've already ruined Leo...worse than you will ever know."

Intrigued, his eyes narrowed as his body slowly relaxed further in his chair.

"Okay, now I'm lost." He whispered.

"I was adopted, I changed my name and called Elliot my dad. I bonded with Elliot, someone who wasn't even my own blood. I graduated top of my class. Went to Harvard, mentored students at Columbia and Oxford. Won my first Harper Avery at age 20 with Ellis Gray, followed by 5 more on my own. I fell in love and had a son, then fell in love again and had a daughter. I'm chief of my own hospital. Everything I've done in my life had ruined Leo's..."

"...I left him fatherless and abandoned him. I succeeded without him and earned my way without him. I fell in love even after his abuse and brought in something that was created by love. The reason why I won't sign the papers is that I've already put him through hell, if I sign, then he'll never see what more I've done."

"But if you don't...what makes you think he won't try to fight you in court."

"What you've said to me is amazing, don't get me wrong. But he's one of the best lawyers in the West Coast, he'll turn your accomplishments as distractions from raising your children. He'll end up getting the jury's favor in allowing him custody, is that what you want?" Henry added.

"You're not a family lawyer, are you?" I asked, tilting my head in curiosity.

"No?... I haven't practiced since law school."

"Then you don't remember the law Washington threw out 13 years ago? Grandparents have no visitation rights, and as far as I know, both if not all of my children were born in Seattle."