We Aren't Ready

Krystal's POV

I keep receiving these dreams about the same place and slowly I noticed slowly how the beginning changes. More or less blood, weapons appear less, and how now this time, there were 'us'. Everyone, battling against blurred figures. But I realized what the blurred figures were. They had tentacles coming out of their backs.

I just watched as I realized the squid people were our clones. Their moves were even identical to the everyone's and it was just terrifying me. Will they know our every moves!? How are we supposed to win!? I started to actually fight against some of them as they started to attack me back. Of course, this was a dream, so I didn't feel much pain. But my movements reacted like I were in so much pain.

I then saw Skybrine getting stabbed about a thousand times as I felt my body loose control and the dream shattered. I shot up from my bed as Skybrine slowly woke up by my side. "Another nightmare," he asked me. I sighed and nodded. "Well, good job in making sure you don't wake anyone else," Skybrine smiled as he nodded over to the other beds where everyone was still asleep, except Jason and Lunetta, who were in their lab working.

"We aren't ready," I whispered silently. "That dream again," Sky asked. I nodded. "It's not going away" I teared up softly "And it keeps worsening." Sky wrapped his arms around me as I placed my head on his chest. "You wanna do something about it later," Sky asked. I looked up at Skybrine as continued "If you keep dreaming of everyone dying in war, lets make sure we are ready."

I smiled as I pulled out a book from the nightstand and opened it up. "I don't think we've ever finished this," I told Skybrine, showing him the cover. Rose of Secrets. "Didn't you," Skybrine asked me "I mean, you read so many books!" I shook my head. "I wanted to read this with you," I told him. He wrapped his arm around me as I opened the book and began to read.