Renji's Birthday

"Where the hell is she?! It's my birthday and she doesn't have the decency to say 'happy birthday'!" Renji mumbled to himself while looking through the lunch room.

Renji had given you hints about his birthday and you only said 'that's nice.' He brushed it off and thought you were just busy, but now he hadn't gotten a good morning birthday kiss or a present.

Yachiru appeared from nowhere and gave Renji a bag of candy. "Happy birthday pineapple!"

Renji growled and did his best not to yell in Yachiru's face. "Thanks kid. Have you seen (y/n) anywhere?"

"Ummmm I think I saw her going into Byakuya's office this morning."

Renji blinked, what would you be doing with his captain? "I see. Thanks Yachiru."

Renji rushed to his office and peeked inside, only to see his captain working on paperwork. Renji cleared his throat and approached his desk. "Captain have you seen (y/n)?"

"No I have not."

Now the gears in his head were burning. You were there and wasn't their... was this a game of hide and seek, only making the seeker go crazy?

"Okay, excuse me captain."

Byakuya didn't say anything in return as Renji left the office. Throughout the rest of the day everyone was giving him presents and saying happy birthday too him. Renji liked it, but he just wanted to find you.

It was time for the party Rangiku set up for Renji as he sat down at a table and sulked. The door knocked as Rangiku opened it too you. Renji's heart soared in his chest and jumped up to hug you. "Where have you been?! Why haven't you given me a present or kiss yet?!"

You rolled your eyes and handed a nice red and flower wrapping around a small box. "I've been busy finishing your gift. Now open it up and see what's inside."

"Can I get my late morning kiss first?"

"Open the box before I smack you."

"Fine!"

Renji ripped away the nice wrapping and opened the box. It was a bandana with the name Renji sewed into it as it was red with light red on one end and dark red on the other.

Renji grinned as he took of his and put on yours. It suit him perfectly for a dork and strong guy like him.

"Thanks for the present."

"You're welcome. I had it hidden in your captain's desk. Now you can get your kiss."

Renji smirked and wrapped an arm around your waist. "I thought you would never say."

He kissed you deeply in front of everyone as you smiled and kissed the birthday boy back with love.