Toshiro

Within the five years Toshiro and you were married you convinced your husband to set up a mochi stand outside of squad ten. Rangiku may or may not have helped with the convincing. Either way, it was popular with all the squads as many people came to buy an ice-cold mochi during their breaks. 

Rangiku was helping make a special one of a kind flavor mochi, green tea sake. Toshiro was against the idea of his ice helping her alcohol addiction, but Rangiku always manages to sneak anything when it comes to him.

You helping to sell the mochi to more customers as Rangiku advertised her flavor special. Her hair was shorted to her neckline, and she put a slit in her uniform now. You didn't say anything, but you felt it had to do something with Gin's disappearance. Your stand was selling more than usual today as you were starting to sweat.

"Oh, we're almost out of ice, I'll go ask Toshiro." You said. "Rangiku, can you please take over for me real quick?"

"Sure!" Rangiku rolled up her sleeves, "I can sell and advertise!" 

Sure enough, she was selling and advertising away. She just seemed to have that sort of talent. You grabbed the bucket and jogged into the office. Toshiro was sitting there reading paperwork after paperwork. 

He was too deep in thought that you were able to sneak up behind and spun his chair around in front of you. "Can you pretty please fill the bucket with ice?"

During the five years, he grew just an inch taller, and his hair became spikier with his bangs almost covering his left eye. He was wearing the green scarf you gave him during your second anniversary.  With those combinations, he was hot in your eyes and all yours.

Toshiro sighed and put down his pen. "Again? I just put ice in it this morning."

"I know, but our mini side business has become popular!" You smiled and kissed his cheek. "Plus, with all the earnings we're receiving I can make a tasty watermelon themed dessert for you~"

"Hmmm. Sounds tempting." He said while forming and making the ice in the bucket. "But to put it lightly, you two need to find another source for ice. I can't be abusing Hyorinmaru for small needs such as these."

"Awww, alright Rangiku and I will try and see what we can do." You said and took back the bucket. The ice chills your touch within an instant. Toshiro's ice has gotten stronger, which is no surprise. 

Once he turned his chair you lingered behind him, not sure how to bring up the topic. He noticed you were still there and turned to face you. "Are you alright? You're not catching a cold from my ice are you?"

"N-No," You smiled and poked his cheek. "I was just wondering if we could visit your grandmother this weekend if you can find the time."

He looked directly into your eyes, the teal cold blue that was always ice cold until you softened their glare. "Of course we can, but why the sudden visit?"

You sighed and put the bucket down on the table. Your fingers wove themselves into a ball as you looked at the window, to avoid his gaze. "I... I want a... kid."

Silence settled over the air, chiller than the ice in the bucket. Toshiro was the first to speak up, surprise clearly written in his teal eyes. "O-Oh, of course, we can have a child. It's just... this is the first time you brought a topic of a child to me."

You took both of his hands in a firm grip, "I know, and please forgive me for that! I want your grandmother's blessing first before we have a child! I've just been so nervous to bring up anything child-related because of how busy you are with work! And now that I have and-"

"Stop," He put a hand over your mouth, "I understand you were nervous. I have been too, but if you want a child, what's both stopping us from having one?" He gave you his warmest smile, full of compassion.

Joy covered your face as you brought your husband into a bear gripping hug. "Thank you! I love you so much, Toshiro."

He smiled while ruffling the top of your head. "You have no idea how much more I love you, (y/n)."

"Hey!" Rangiku slammed open the door, "Ichigo and his wife are having a kid!"

"What?" You exclaimed, "That's great news!"

Rangiku eyed the scene before her, a grin lighting up her features. "Oh goodness, captain! I wondered what was taking (y/n) so long to get the ice~"

You blushed and quickly scrambled out of Toshiro's lap. "Oh shush Rangiku, we were alone!"

"Too bad I ruined it, now come on we need more ice!"

"I'm coming!" Before grabbing the bucket you quickly kissed Toshiro on the lips, "I promise we'll talk more about it tonight."

"I'll try to get the paperwork done before sunset," Toshiro promised.

You both continued on your ways as Rangiku tried to prod into your conversation. Of course, you didn't let her know a single detail because of the gossiper she is, but the smile on your face couldn't erase the feeling of how you felt all day.