Kisuke

Within those five years, together you and he were more compatible than what people gave you credit for. It was due to Kisuke being a perverted shopkeeper and how sneaky that worried people how well your marriage would last. Those rumors about him at first bother you when you met him, but your love for him drowned out those doubts in your head. This also was proved when Shunsui was promoted to head captain and allowed Kisuke to set up a shop in the Soul Society. Since Kisuke was still banned from the Soul Society, you were the manager of the one in the Soul Society. It was an honor for you to have Kisuke let you run the shop on your own, it was a sign of trust from him.

It was only opened from Friday to Sunday, but the candy and the other helpful stuff inside would always sell out faster in the blink of an eye. You yawned as you turned the shop sign to open, marking it 7 am.

Within five minutes of waiting there were already five people in at a time. Your employees were working their butts off as you too helped as a runner bringing stuff to the counter. It was mostly just Soul Reapers this early in the morning looking for equipment to help them on missions. 

At soon as you got a breather you looked towards the clock, just five minutes till 12. There was only one customer inside the store so you decided to help him before your lunch break. You smiled at the young man who seemed to be a student at the Soul Academy. "Anything you need help looking for?"

"Ah," He pulled out a slip of paper from his pocket, reading it with squinting eyes. "Do you have any sharpening rocks for swords? And do you have some green tea flavored candy?"

You nodded and helped him with his shopping. When he handed you the change he seemed to remember who the original owner of the store was, "Are you his so-called wife? Kisuke Urahara's wife?"

"Yes," You said, handing back the correct amount of change. "What about him?"

"Did he murder a bunch of soul reapers? I heard two of them were captains..."

You narrowed your eyes at the young man. "Sir, I don't pay attention to tasteless rumors such as those. Besides, there wasn't any proof he did kill them in the first place, and I know that the rumor isn't true, to begin with."

"How do you know?" He glared into your eyes, "Were you there when he killed him?"

A sight growl sound came from your throat as you were about to chew him out until a hand rested upon your shoulder. The soft wind of the fan Kisuke carried cooled off your temper. The young man recognizes him from the rumors about him and high tailed it out of the store.

"What was that about?" Kisuke asked, popping candy inside his mouth. 

"Kisuke!" You whispered shouted at him. He wasn't supposed to be here in general! You grabbed by the arm and pulled him into the break room. "What the hell are you doing here?! You know you're banned from the Soul Society!"

Kisuke's smile curled at the edges, a lightly teasing tone coming from his words. "I just wanted to see how my lovely wife was handling the shop, and maybe join her for her lunch break to watch how cute she chews her food~"  

You sighed, pulling into a hug, "Kisuke, I love you, but I don't want you to be thrown in jail. Shunsui pulled all the strings he could for you to open a shop here."

"I know, but doesn't mean I can't sneak in~" He strode over to the table and popped two bento boxes from his coat box. You didn't know how it worked, but somehow it did...

You gave in and ate your lunch with him, chatting about useless stuff in the process. It wasn't until you were almost done he brought up two plane tickets. 

"Ta' da! Two plane tickets to Hawaii!"

You sat there, dumbfounded, at the fact that Kisuke actually spent that much money. "W...What."

"Wait a minute... did you forget about our anniversary?"

You glanced at the calendar to your right. It was your anniversary. The embarrassment of forgetting such an important date made your face bright as a cherry. "I... may have."

Instead of yelling or shouting at you for forgetting such an important day, Kisuke laughed so hard he fell over in his chair. His laughing didn't help as you yelled at him to shut up. Once he regained his composer he hid his mouth behind his fan, but you could tell he was trying to hide his smile.

"So, does this mean I can bring it up in fights that we have against you?"

"Let it go!" You threw the chops sticks at him in frustration. "I've been busy with the shop!"

"I know, but I think I already got my gift from you."

"Huh?" The confusion was plastered all over your face. "What do you mean?"

He reached over and pulled you into his lap, your head settled on his chest. "Just hearing you stand up for me back there was enough of a gift from you. It's nice to hear that you still care about me~"

"Gah! Shut up!" You hide your face in your hands, trying to escape from his ruthless teasing. 

"I still have another gift for you."

You uncovered your face and before you could question him you felt his lips on yours. The employee who was going on their break saw the incident, but both your faces were covered by his fan. Nonetheless, it was hard for them to face you again once your break was over.