Byakuya

During the five years Byakuya and you married, there wasn't much change with the social status of the marriage. It was uncommon for someone like your noble status to marry someone of much higher noble status, but it still happened. But, because of your marriage, more nobles were willing to disregard social status and date other nobles whether they were higher or lower than their partner. There was one small change however that made your life a bit complicated...

Byakuya was doing paperwork in his office as he knew he had to complete a full month's work of it by himself. It was at this point he wished he didn't let Renji go off to lunch considering he wanted to see his own wife right about now.

A giggle suddenly came from within the walls. From the sound, he could tell it was Yachiru. Byakuya's writing on the paper became heavier, making the ink bleed onto the paper. "I don't have time for your games today."

It wasn't until the second giggle came that he stopped. That didn't sound like Yachiru, it was-

"BOO!"

Yachiru and a young boy appeared from the hidden door and pounced behind Byakuya. Byakuya was caught off guard as he shook off the young boy, putting him down gently. He sighed and fixed the boy's hair and clothes, "Senbon, I said you can't be distracting me from my work."

Senbon laughed and bounced excitedly. "But mama is here! She let me come papa!"

"Sorry," You smiled and appeared out of thin air, "our son was so keen on visiting you I couldn't say no."

Byakuya watched as Yachiru took Senbon's hand and led him out of the room. "Don't worry!" She yelled, "I'll watch over and play with him!"

Once they exited out of the room Byakuya stood up and walked over, hugging you. "I told you to stay at the manor. Yachiru is a bad influence on our son."

"Oh come on!" You laughed and played with his hair. "He doesn't have friends around his age! Plus, he's four, soon to be five. He is capable to know if he wants to play with Yachiru or not."

Byakuya showed a light smile. "As long as she doesn't make him join her club."

~~~

After helping Byakuya with the paperwork you settled down on the couch with Byakuya following after you. You cuddle into his arms and let out what was really bothering you. "Byakuya... I want another child."

Byakuya was surprised, but he didn't show it on the outside, one must always remain calm even in unexpected situations. "I thought you wanted to have one child?"

"I did! But... I want our son to have someone to play with and protect. I watch him secretly when he thinks he's alone and he never smiles... he feels alone but I know he doesn't want to say anything."

"I see." He sighed and shifted his weight. "I apologize I am not home often to see the situation."

"It's not your fault. I just want him to be happy and not... and not be lonely when he is alone."

A slight sniffle came from the walls, making you both jump. You two were deeply engrossed with your conversation you couldn't sense Senbon's spiritual pressure. He walked out from the hidden door and ran over, crying with fat tears running down his cheeks. 

"M-Mama! P-Papa! I-I'm n-not lonely! I-I promiseee!"

You laughed and picked him up, soothing him down. "Oh Senbon, we promise we're not upset!" 

Once he calmed down he settled down on Byakuya's lap. Looking at the two from just a glance you could see Senbon was a younger version of your husband. You only knew it was going to get worse when he grew up...

Byakuya fixed the hairpin on Senbon's head as you gave your son a bright smile. "How do you feel about becoming an older brother?"

He blinked, confused with the question. "You mean... child?"

"Yup! We're thinking about having another baby!"

Senbon was quite before grinning from ear to ear. "Yay! Someone to play with!"

Byakuya watched in silence as he smiled gently at his family. Senbon was an unexpected pregnancy, but since you both were married there wasn't any problem. But still, he felt guilty that you had to release your captain position so that you could raise Senbon by yourself. He decided tomorrow he would talk to the head captain and request for weekends off starting this Saturday. 

He gently pulled you all into a tight embrace. You smiled as Senbon hugged back with his tiny frame. Byakuya whispered to himself, thinking of his first wife. "Thank you, for giving me Rukia and redemption."