Renji

Over the past five years, Renji decided to not only grow out his hair long, but he opened up a training dojo for soul reapers who needed extra training. He was still the vice-captain of Squad Six, but you decided to retire from Squad Eleven to help out with the dojo. You didn't regret it for one second, because there were mighty people that even Squad Eleven didn't have. Retired captains or retired soul reapers would come so their skills wouldn't become rusted.

You were finishing up a sparring match between a retired soul reaper as Renji came running in. He was breathless as everyone inside quickly dropped to their knees and bowed in respect.

"What's the matter?" You asked Renji.

He smiled with pride burning inside his eyes. "Ichigo and his wife are having a baby!"

"Wha?!" You exclaimed, shocked that the orange spiky hair would become a father. "How far is his wife?"

"I don't know, it didn't say." He held back a sniff, looking out at the distance. "That kid has grown from the time I've met him."

You turned to your student and barked orders, loud and clear. "Go take a lunch! I expect all of you to be ready for a training inspection! Anyone who doesn't pass will be held back and forced to clean every nook and cranny! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!"

"YES, SENSEI!" The students shouted, clearing out of the room quickly.

Once everyone cleared out, you sighed and leaned into your husbands' open arms. You didn't like to tell anyone this, but you did mellow out during the years you became married. Renji didn't mind that you lost most of your fire since you were the woman, he fell head over heels in love. But training did spark that lost fire you think is nearly continuously going to extinguish.

You sat on Renji's lap as you opened your bento box, eating your lunch as you talked. "When is their baby shower? I'm surprised that they're having a baby before his wife gets a job as a nurse."

"Do you want to have a kid?" Renji blurted out.

You choked on your onigiri. Kids weren't ever your thing, which is why Renji asking for kids is like asking him to kill you. Renji panicked and patted your back as you coughed some more. Once you were finished, you lamented with a certain yearning.

Renji opened his mouth, trying to ease the situation. "Listen, I know you never had a thing for kids. But, just maybe, having one kid wouldn't hurt?" He grabbed your hands, staring directly into your eyes. "It doesn't have to be now. We only started the dojo a year now, so I would have to ask Captain Kuchiki time off. But I promise I will do everything in my power to ensure we will keep the dojo and our child!"

A headache started to appear in your head. You sighed, averting your gaze. "It's not that I don't like kids, it's the whole nine-month process that scares me. I know not many women talk about it but having a child inside me for nine months just... scares me."

Tears gather on the edges of your vision, a secret fear you had was coming unearthed. "I just have fears that the birthing process will hurt me, the baby, or both of us. I don't want to die giving birth, the same fate my mother had."

Renji gently whipped the tears from your eyes, putting on a smile. "Hey, you have me. Don't forget that. And if you don't want a kid then we don't need to have one. I just thought of it because I've always thought it would be nice to have just one. But, you're the delivery girl, so the biggest request is your request."

That is true. You had your husband, what did you have to worry about. Your father died before you were born, that was what you were told, but the father of your child was with you. The deep fear you had was slowly nipping away to nothingness. You nodded and kissed his cheek. "Okay.

But let's wait after the younger trainees finish and you get the request for time off before we make a baby."

Renji laughed and put you in a crushing hug. "I promise I will try my best! I have you and my awesome skills, plus Ichigo's kid can have a playmate, so our kid won't be lonely!"

You laughed, giving him a light kiss on his lips. "Yeah, I have others and you. I love you, Renji."

"I love you more."

You both exchanged more kisses until Renji had to race back to the Squad Six office to finish the paperwork. You smiled the whole time as training inspection went underway. You were so giddy you accidentally knocked one of the new recruits out cold from just one blow. Everyone was shaking in their bones as you look at all of them.

"Next!"