Toshiro's Birthday

The head captain gave him the day off, but that didn't make Toshiro happy as he knew Rangiku wouldn't get the paperwork done, even if it was his birthday. He got around like usual, not really caring if it was his birthday since he was hundred and something old now.

It was chilly on the way to work so he grabbed his green scarf which he got from you, wrapped his around his neck, and headed off. The office was dark inside and was surprised when he found a present on the desk.

Toshiro walked over to it and opened it up slowly. Inside was a new tea cup with the words Freeze Your Heart, along with a tea bag that he could put tea into the new tea cup. He smiled when he saw it was his favorite.

"Surprise!" You jumped behind him, making him scream and fall. "Happy birthday!"

He crawled out from under and blinked at you. "Where were you? I didn't see you in the office."

You smiled and kissed the tip of his nose. "It was hiding silly. It was behind the bookcase, which has a lot of dust bunnies back there. They could start a dusty bunny family back there if they could."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Silly Shiro, I knew you couldn't separate yourself from work and knew you would be here. It was as if fate brought me here."

Toshiro sighed more. "Just get to the point already."

You giggled and clapped your hands together. "Well I already gave you your present, now you get your birthday cake! Rangiku! Get the cake!"

"I'm on it!" Rangiku called out from outside the office.

Toshiro's eyes widen in surprise. "Rangiku was here?"

"Well she was hiding behind the office door until I gave her the signal, which I forgot to give her and know she's going to get the cake late. But that's alright, as long as you're happy with your present then I'm happy as well."

Toshiro smiled and quickly kissed you. "I'm happy with my present. I'm just grumpy because I know I'll have to catch up on paperwork tomorrow."

You walked over to the desk file cabin and showed him all the finished paperwork. "Already taken care of, so now you have TWO days off!"

He couldn't believe his eyes as he was speechless, but Rangiku came in with the cake as it was taller than Toshiro, maybe or maybe not on purpose it was made like that. The cake was green as it was supposed to taste like watermelon.

"Dig in Toshiro!" You gave him a slicer and hugged him. "Because today is your day!"

A small smile came over his face as he began to cut the cake. "I'm enjoying it already."