Ulquiorra

Forgive me if it seems out of character, it is hard writing scenes for an emotionless potato-like him. I tried to make it cute while having his character. But I hope you enjoyed it still!

During the first year Ulquiorra and you were married, it was your husband who suggested to retire and start a new life in the living world. This shocked everyone that knew Ulquiorra who thought he would be beside Lord Aizen his entire life. Lord Aizen was convinced by his wife to let the both of you retire and life out your lives out in the living world. The Espada's weren't doing much, so Lord Aizen released you both. But if Ulquiorra was needed he would be at Lord Aizen's beck and call. You were always confused by why he needed the urge to come to the living world, and it was one spot out of all Japan.

It's been three years since you lived in the apartments of a small city in the middle of Japan. It was connected with a rice field, so you often took walks with Ulquiorra there around the weekends for fresh air. That was right about now, you were both walking hand in hand together. In your other hand, you were carrying groceries for dinner tonight.

Cherry blossom season started as petals fell all around you. You turned and gave your husband a big smile. "We should try all the seasonal foods here before they all disappear! What do you say?"

"If you wish, I will eat it." He said, staring straight ahead.

Since coming to the living world all your Arrancar features disappeared, but your holes remained. That was the only thing Lord Aizen could not get rid of since it was the original sin your soul died with and can never be removed. Even Ulquiorra's pale skin remained, so you both had to say it was his medical condition that couldn't be helped by standing under the sun's rays.

While walking through town you glanced at Ulquiorra through your small talks. Whenever you entered the city his eyes would dart around, gazing longer than needed. You thought to yourself tonight you would ask him the reason why, why he chose this place to live.

Once you both made it home, you turned around and saw he was already at the patio. He liked to look around the city once it was getting close to sunset, and it did transform the city into a beautiful color.

You walked over next to him, resting your head on the crook of his shoulder. "Ulquiorra, why did you choose this place to live? I've always been meaning to ask but, it just never seemed to be the right time."

He pulled you closer to his side. He uses to be colder before entering into a gigai, which wasn't as warm, but the sun's rays helped make up for the warmth. "I have visions when I look at the stores. They look older, the entire city looks older, but it still feels the same. I thought if we moved here, this place could help me find the true meaning of a heart."

You were speechless. This place could be linked to his past, the thought never struck you and you felt pretty stupid for not making the connection. "Oh. That's interesting. Is there more you see?"

"I see people. Wearing clothing similar to the ones we wear, but they look more... outdated."

You let go of his hand and embraced him in a hug. "Ulquiorra, to be honest with you, I never understood the reason you wanted to move here. I was just excited to be seeing more within the world with you in the living world. I'm sorry I've been a terrible wife."

He embraced you back and rested the tip of his chin on your head. "I am the one to blame. I told Lord Aizen about my selfish request without thinking much about our future. Working as a detective is hard work but working as an Espada was demanding."

Peaceful silence passed between you both as you sat down on one of the outside chairs. You sat on his lap as he stroked your hair, you closed your eyes and enjoyed the quiet moment together. You almost fell asleep until you hear Ulquiorra mumble to himself.

It was quiet, sounding different and full of memory. "When I look at you, I see a girl that looks just like you. Always smiling and full of brightness. I had these dreams before I met you. When I saw you for the first time, I thought Lord Aizen was testing my loyalty. I remained loyal, even then and still now, but this heart people talk about was pulling towards you. I think, I finally know the true meaning of having a heart."

Tears clouded your vision as you turned to face him, "Oh Ulquiorra, I love you."

"I love you, (y/n)."

The night was spent exchanging kisses until it was finally taken to the bedroom. You kept it a secret from him always, but you had dreams of a boy looking exactly like Ulquiorra, but with color in his skin and a kind smile. You both might not remember how you died, but the past didn't matter anymore between you both. Whatever happened to cause your deaths felt meaningless now because just being together felt it was redemption.