iv : Awkward

I had walked a good five or six blocks up the road before deciding to turn back. I had discovered a nearby supermarket and noted a few clothing stores I'd like to visit.

The time was 2:36pm so by the time I get back, I can use the pool.

I walked for a bit more, before I realised I was about to cross in front of the apartments that the girls sat in front of. Luckily, from what I could see, the benches were empty.

Sam and Colby? Fancy that.

I knew of them from the internet but I personally haven't experienced much of their content. Only a few vines.

I couldn't enter their apartment complex without a key card thing.

No, I'm not stalking them or doing whatever those fan girls were doing earlier, I was only curious. I went up closer to the entrance and found out you can see right through the big glass doors into a tiled courtyard area with trees and plants.

Funnily enough, there they were, filming a video of some description.

Sam ran his fingers through his hair multiple times as they both talked to the camera. From where I was, I couldn't make out what I was saying.

I watched them for a minute longer, though they just talked, holding their phones.

Suddenly, Colby looked up from the camera and before I could run away pretending I was never there, I was trapped in his eye contact.

Crap!! He's going to think that I'm some shallow twelvie who stalks them. At least I definitely didn't look twelve. I hope.

I kind of froze as he pointed me out to Sam. Great. Now they were both looking at me.

It was too awkward to stay but it would also be awkward to gap it.

What the heck am I doing?

Colby began to walk my way. I turned, ready to escape, but I was too conflicted at this point.

He stopped in front of the glass doors, still keeping eye contact, for a second before he opened one of the doors.

I stood still, a bit embarrassed. It might have been a good idea to run away earlier.

"Hi" he said comically, when I didn't speak.

"Uhh.... I-uh" I mumbled as every thought fled my head.

"We're filming a uhh... truth or dare video for our YouTube channel," he explained, realising I really didn't have anything to say.

Awkward. Very awkward.

He obviously sensed it too when he shook his head.

"Colby," he reached out with his hand.

I returned his handshake, "Ella"

"Great. Okay. Nice to meet you, Ella." He almost stuttered.

I smiled at his slight embarrassment as we continued speaking.

"Sam and I need some help with a dare we got sent. We would normally have a friend round when shooting truth or dare videos to help us out but apparently not today" he smiled and nodded innocently at the end of his explanation.

I was still a little confused. Was he suggesting that he would like me to help them out?

"So, what I'm asking is, would you care to help us? It shouldn't take too long. It's totally fine if you don't want to..." Colby trailed off, uncertainty crossing his face.

"Um... Okay!" I agreed, clasping my hands together dramatically but awkwardly.