ix : See You Later

After the cafe, Christian left and Sam and Colby had decided to show me around the main street before it got dark. Thanks to them, I now know a bunch of food and drink places and clothing stores.

"Thank you both so much for today" I thanked them, about to head home.

"It's our pleasure." said Sam while Colby nodded in agreement.

"Can we walk you back to your place?" Colby offered.

I didn't expect the offer. "Yeah, sure."

"Cool"

"I'm two blocks that way" I pointed behind me. You could see my building from here.

"I didn't realise before how close you were to us" Colby noticed. I shrugged.

"Lead the way" said Sam. I spun on my heals with them following.

We crossed the road. The sun had dropped further behind the buildings now, so it was very dark on the street. Sam and Colby followed me a little further until we reached the entrance to my apartment block.

"Have you met anyone here yet?" Colby asked from behind me, catching me off guard.

I remembered my encounter with Lauren earlier today.

"Uh, yeah. Why?"

"Oh, it's just that we know a few people who live here" he shrugged.

"I met a girl called Lauren this morning" I added. Colby stiffened after processing my speech. I didn't prod though, it wasn't my business and I wasn't like that. I turned back around and went to step into the elevator but paused.

"Can I get your numbers?" I ask, brave.

They nodded and I handed Colby my phone who passed it to Sam when he was done.

"See you round, Ella" Sam said. Colby just waved, but it was cute.

"See you later," I replied, stepping into the elevator and pushing my floor button, "thanks so much for today"

"Our pleasure" Colby answered before the doors closed.

A.N. If you've enjoyed this story so far, then please vote for the chapters :)