ʟxix : I Remember

"You don't have a change of clothes." I inform Colby.

"I'll just go in my underwear," he shrugs.

Colby begins to remove his clothes and I copy his actions hesitantly.

"You're beautiful."

I shake my head and hide a smile.

We both stand in our underwear and Colby takes my hand and leads me out of the apartment. We run cautiously down the hallway, not wanting to cause commotion. The last thing we want to Lauren coming out of her room in response to our foot steps.

Colby holds the door for me and I step outside, the fresh air engulfing me. He follows me over to the pool.

"Do you even remember?" A playful smirk appears on Colby's face.

"Remember what?" I reply.

"How to swim."

"Of course I do!" I laugh and evilly shove him. His arms flail a little and he makes contact with the water.

While Colby resurfaces, I sit down and dangle my legs in the pool.

"Hey," he paddles over to me and puts his hands on my thighs.

"What do you think you're doing?" I ask playfully.

"Come in," he says, smiling. God I love his smile.

I shuffle forward and let Colby catch me. I reach my hands around Colby's neck. We are in the deep end after all. He seems to notice my unsteady action.

"You okay?"

"Yes," I answer confidently, pushing away from him and breath-stroking towards the other side of the pool.

Colby follows, pushing off the wall behind him. He swims in my direction fast.

"Got you," he wraps his arms around me.

I inspect his firm hold on me.

"Hm. I suppose you do," I break into a smile.

"Well, you've got me too," he looks smug.

In the slight darkness, Colby looks insanely attractive. I can't believe I've found the perfect guy. There's no getting over how gentle and kind he's been with me. It's exactly what I've needed.

"I love you," I say shyly but he lifts my chin up gently.

"I love you too, Ella."

He leans in and we kiss. A wave of courage hits me and we begin toying with each other's lips, our bodies inseparable.

But of course, our intimate moment had to come to a screeching halt.

"Well, well, well... Two guys in one night?"

(A/N: Yeah, so I updated! Sorry for the delay - I've had some life changes. I'll end this book soon and then start a sequel :D)