ʟxvi : Adrenaline

With his rough mouth still on mine, there's one thing I can do.

I move forward, closer to him. Connor gets the wrong impression as he attempts to slips his tongue through my tightly sealed lips.

That will not be happening tonight.

In two fast motions, I step on his right foot and knee him very hard in the stomach. He groans and doubles over in pain momentarily, giving me enough time to shove the key into the doorknob and get inside.

Connor runs towards the shrinking gap in the door, but fails to make it.

"Is this what you want, Ella?! I'm so much better for you!" I hear his cries from the other side.

I sigh in relief and secure the chain lock across the gap just to be completely sure.

The adrenaline the situation had caused me was dying away. I run to my room, away from where I could hear Connor's pleading voice. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes but I hold most of them back. I can't break down now, I still need to get out of here.

I hastily rub the taste of Connors lips from my mouth in disgust. The mere thought of his lips against mine again makes me feel nauseous.

I reach for my phone but it isn't there. I must've left it in Colby's car.

Damnit.

Sighing, I trudge over to grab a large white tote bag siting under my desk. As I retrieve it, my drawing of Colby in the abandoned mansion catches my eye. I pick it up carefully and slide it into my laptop case before putting it in the tote.

I grab various items of clothing without really processing what I'm doing. Once the bag is full, I fling it over my shoulder and head back to the door.

I can't hear anyone so I press my ear against it.

Still nothing. It's silent.

He's gone.

I close my eyes and allow myself to relax.

Knock, knock!

The sound is awfully loud against my ear and causes my heartbeat to increase once more. I jump away from the door in fright but keep quiet.

"Ella, how are you getting on?"

Phew. It's Colby.

I open the door instantly and his attention goes straight to my pale, teary face.

"What happened? He breaths, gently taking my arms in his.

I lower my eyes, breaking out eye contact.

"Connor was here," I said barely audible.

"What?" Colby's eyes widen. "Are you okay?

"He's gone now," I inform him as he pulls me into his comforting embrace.