xxxvii : Moving On

It's been a couple days since I last saw Colby. In fact, I've seen or heard from no one. Not Lauren, not Jasmine, and thankfully, not Connor. 

These past two days I've stayed inside the comfort of my humble abode, doing what I do best. Drawing. As well as improving on some older pieces, I've started a new one. One of Colby. Ironically, it's helping me forget and feel at peace.

The drawing consists of the moment Colby looked back at the camera when I was filming us approaching the creepy staircase. He has a mischievous glint to his expression. Looking back at my work now made me smile. Even though it was only a rough sketch, I'm proud of how much it actually looks like him.

I'd been working on it all day and it was now nearly 10pm. 

Brrrng! Brrrrrrng!

I slide to answer the incoming call.

"Hey, Jas," I speak, "what's up?"

"Ella, can I um... can I join you in Los Angeles?" she sounds unsure.

"What?" I ask bewilderedly, still needing more time to process what she just said.

"I need to leave" there's desperation prominent in her voice.

"Of course you can, you're my best friend" I get it out of the way and I hear her breath a sigh of relief from the other end of the line. "But what's happened?"

"Nothing specific. I'm just so sick of Colorado" Jasmine explains.

"I get you. Have you made any plans yet?" I ask.

"I'll drive my car but I need to pack. How soon can I be there?" Jas has her own car, whereas I bused here.

"As soon as you like" I grin in excitement at the thought of my best friend living here too. This apartment won't withhold to her messy habits, but it'll be worth it. 

We finish our discussion and I hang up the call after we exchange goodbyes. She'll pack tonight and begin her journey tomorrow morning, arriving hopefully not too late tomorrow night. It just dawned on me that she's a big fan of YouTube. If she knows Sam and Colby, I hope she's not to angry at me for cutting ties with them. I plan to fill her in on everything as soon as she arrives.

(A.N: Hey guys! Thank you to those who vote for all the chapters, I really appreciate it!)