ʟ : Not Now

All three of us pushed ourselves up off the hard floor when we heard the sound of the door creak open. We'd sat their for a long fifteen minutes. I spun around to see the first nurse we'd met.

"Jasmine will be completely fine. It'll just take a bit of time for the infection to wear off and her wound to heal over," she explained, adjusting her fringe on her near brunette bob cut. I deemed it odd nowadays for someone so young to have a bob cut.

"Infection?" Aaron questions her.

"Yes, her injury is not new. It's at least a week old, some kind of deep puncture or slice," the more she speaks, the more she senses the fact we had no idea what she was talking about. "So when she bumped it tonight, it split open and bleed. You may go in and see her," the nurse said, opening the door for us to enter. I was more confused than before.

Jasmine's camisole was rolled up, revealing most of her abdomen. The gash on her right side was covered with a large white bandage. I was first through the door.

"What happened, Jas?" I spoke quietly. It was clear to me now that she hadn't wanted me to find out, hence her struggling earlier.

She sat slumped on the edge of the bed as her sorrowful eyes met mine. However, her line of sight shifted to behind me, where Aaron and Colby entered the room. Jas shook her head, the gesture tiny, but I knew what it meant so I nodded and smiled back in reassurance.

"Is she okay to get going?" I ask the second nurse who stood near Jas. This nurse was older, maybe in her forties.

"Yes, I've advised her not to attempt any exotic movements while her side heals." The nurse chuckles. "She also has some antibiotics to treat the infection. Make sure she finishes the course."

I nod politely, looking at Jas again.

I thank the nurse and help Jas stand. She doesn't appear to be in as much pain.

"You need to tell me what's wrong" I whisper as we slowly make our way down the corridor, Colby and Aaron in tail.

Not now, she mouths back. I respect her wishes not questioning it further.

She must've hurt herself back in Colorado. Thoughts swarmed in my mind. Is it why she left so suddenly? Nothing seemed to add up. I just hope it wasn't anything too serious.

(A.N: Thank you to all you dedicated readers who've read up to this point. Please make sure you vote for the chapters if you're enjoying this story!)