xxxix : Couchbed

(A.N: Hey guys! I've started writing a Shawn Mendes fanfic. Please go check it out if you're a fan of his. Thanks!)

"Colby Brock?! As in, YouTube star, Colby Brock?!" Jasmine freaks out.

"That's the one" I laugh at her bewildered expression. I had no idea she knew who he was.

"So you've been here for only a couple of weeks but have met Colby Brock?!" She questions, having a hard time believing it.

"Sam too" I add, then giggle when Jas' mouth drops open for the second time. "But that's not the entire story..." I let my expression turn sour and she notices this.

"Oh no. What happened?" She stops sifting through her suitcase. We're in the process of getting her unpacked. "Wait, is it because he moved into the mansion?"

"What?" I knew Colby was moving houses but I didn't know many specifics.

"The TFIL mansion?" Jasmine elaborates when she notices my slight confusion.

"Ah no, it's just that-" I pause before continuing, "he kissed me"

Jasmine panics more than she already was.

"I'm telling the truth. And I don't know what to do. Or if I should do anything" I tell her, then decide to further explain my case. "I'm just not ready to open up to anyone new like that. I don't think I can do it" I stayed vague to avoid nearing to close to the topic of Connor.

"He's lovely, Ella! You should watch more of his videos, then you'll see. One little heart break isn't gonna put a stop to your love life" Jasmine reasons, referring to what she thought happened between Connor and I. I wish I could tell her but I didn't want anyone to know and then pity or think any differently of me.

"I'm not sure. I guess I have a bit of time to think about it because I tried to cut ties with him" I shrug, not letting anything get to me at the moment. I had done my fair share of grieving.

"I think you should give him a chance. Plus, I have to meet him" Jas says promisingly with a touch of bias.

I begin to think about it as I pull out the couch bed. I thought I'd have to make Jas sleep on the couch but it turns out that it unfolds into a double bed. How groovy is that?

Before I convince myself to contact Colby and apologise, I veer the subject away from the current matter at hand.

"I made a YouTube video with him"

"Jesus. Anything else you'd like to confess?" Jasmine jokes, doing a good job at concealing her growing excitement.

"No, that's it"

"Wait, I haven't seen you in any of his recent vids. Which one are you in?" She asks me.

"Well, I helped both of them film a truth or dare video, then Colby and I did an exploration video which you can find over on my channel" I boast comically.

"Your channel?!"