xxxv : Find you

(A.N: 2k reads?! That's awesome!)

I take a seat at my desk, gathering up my previously drawn pieces.

I'm drawn to him.

There, I said it. 

There's no point in trying to compress my rapidly increasing-feelings for him.

But now Lauren? At first, I was in a state disbelief, but after connecting the dots, I'm disappointed in Colby. Remember that night when he and Sam walked me back to my apartment complex and his reaction when I said I'd met a girl called Lauren was a little off? She's telling the truth and Colby hadn't said a word to me. I just don't think he'd try to date two people at one time. He really didn't seem that insensitive.

Of course, I still liked him but now I couldn't read my own thoughts. Maybe this is a sign that I'm not ready for another relationship. I never will be, to be honest. There's no way I'll be able to be with someone who keeps secrets or lies; that covers just about everyone on Earth.

Ughhh! How is this tiny irrelevant situation so damn confusing! Maybe I should just forget about it entirely and find some new new friends. 

My phone decides to go off, disturbing my circling thoughts.

Brrrng! 

I pick it up off my desk. It's a text from an unknown number:

Ella, where are you??

It's Connor. It must be. I blocked his number but he must've gotten a new sim card. The thought that he got a new one for the sake of contacting me scared me. It may not be the case, but if it is, that just shows me how determined he is to track me.

As I'm starring at my phone screen blankly, the number that sent the text calls me. 

Brrrrng brrrrrrng! Brrrrng brrrrrrng!

He's seen the read receipt.

I hastily decline the incoming call and go to block the number through my cell carrier. Right before I'm able to enter in the number, another text comes through.

I will find you.

My heart was beating so fast. If I wasn't straight on it being Connor before, it is undoubtedly him now. 

I've blocked his number so I have nothing more to worry about, I reassure myself. As long as Jas keeps what she knows to herself, everything will be fine. 

I'll be fine. There's no need to run any further.