xʟix : Urgent

"Owwww!" Jas shrieks in pain.

"Here, sit here," Aaron stresses, gently pulling Jas onto his lap to stabilise her.

With every imperfection in the roads, Jas' wound was becoming more and more painful.

I smile at Aaron from the front passenger seat.

"Thank you guys, so so much. I don't know what I would've done alone," I say sincerely.

Aaron's returns my smile, "of course. This was urgent"

"Two more blocks and we're there," Colby reassures me, small smile on his face, as he makes eye contact with me. I'm able to relax under his sight, letting go of some built up tension I didn't realise I had before. The more I connected with those soft blue-grey eyes, the more I granted him my trust. I could feel it.

Soon enough, we arrive at the clinic. Colby parks the car right outside the large glass front doors. 'Los Angeles Emergency Clinic' was printed in vinyl on the upper half of the entrance way.

Aaron does well to get out of the car with Jas still in his firm hold.

I hold the heavy door open for them to enter. Only a few strangers sat in the dedicated waiting area. I see a nurse at the front desk identify their struggle and rush over immediately. The door swings shut behind me as I join them.

Panicked sobs erupt from Jasmine so I step forth to explain what happened. After, a second nurse scurries over, pushing a hospital bed. Colby and Aaron delicately place Jas down and we are escorted to a room down the corridor.

The proceedings are explained to us before the boys and I are instructed to wait outside the room. The nurses were to examine and patch Jas up.

We sat on the cool white-speckled linoleum  right outside the wooden door. None of us wanted to go back to the waiting room.

I huff, pulling in my knees and leaning my face into my sweaty palms.

"Hey, she's going to be fine," Colby soothes, rubbing a hand on my upper back.

"I know, I'm just shocked I guess," I offer a small smile to show him I'm not as freaked out as I maybe am.

"Is a wound like that supposed to bleed and hurt that much?," Aaron asks, worried. The same question has been on my mind since I saw the blood staining Jas' side.

What was wrong with her?