xxvii : Deal

"What?" I repeat, shaking my head a little, convinced I'd heard wrong.

"The video is yours," he explains slowly, "I'm going to help you create a channel. It'll be your first upload"

"Um. Are you sure about this?" I ask, bewildered. Sure I know how to work a camera, but I can't be a Youtuber. I lack the confidence.

"Yes," Colby nods but stops, "well, unless you really don't want to. But you told me you needed a job and this immediately came to mind"

An expression of uncertainty crossed my face but the idea starts to appeal to me the more I think about it. Doing YouTube would certainly be fun. But what would I even post? Colby notices that I'm unconvinced so he continues, evidently answering my thoughts.

"You could do drawing tutorials and speed drawings, explore with Sam and I, do internet challenges or even film yourself brushing your teeth in the morning" he lists and I laugh at the last suggestion.

"Colby, I can't show my art, it's not... enough, you know?" I shrug. "They're just sketches and drawings done in led pencil"

"Ella, are you kidding me? They look professional. Hands down, I'd buy them" Colby counters, and I have no response. He has me speechless.

"But..." I try to put forth an argument but nothing really comes to mind. I just don't think my work is good enough to display online, that's all.

"Please give it a go," he pleads, "and if I'm wrong, you can delete the channel and pretend it never existed and you can go work at Starbucks if you really want"

Colby has me giggling again and it's putting me in a good mood.

"Deal" I confirm, knowing I'll regret this in the near future.

"Really?" Now he's the one questioning his hearing ability.

"Yes!" I say loudly, laughing.

He looks at me and smiles before clasping his hands together.

"Okay, let's do this"

Moments later, Colby has signed out of his google account and pushed the laptop in my direction for me to log into. When I do, he pulls it back and creates a channel. 

"Now for the hard part. A channel name" he says rather dramatically for effect.

"Uhhh..." I literally had no clue whatsoever. 

"Well, you could call it your name" shrugs Colby.

"Let's include Ella, but I don't want it to be just my name" I decide.

"Ellalala" he says suddenly and I give him an odd look. "Do you sing?" 

I giggle at this and so does Colby, although it's probably at me, not with me.