xxx : Bold

I had long since returned to the comfort of my own apartment. Despite it being unlike anything I'd ever imagined to live in, it's growing on me quickly. It's clean, modern, simple and most importantly, affordable. The style isn't something I thought I'd end up liking, back when I had to find a quick fix for myself.

There's a few minutes to spare before I have to go meet Lauren at her place. I decide to spend them braiding my hair back, selecting a pair of black converse to wear and wondering what Lauren's apartment will look like. I don't know much about her, but from her outgoing demeanour and makeup, I can only assume that bold was her style.

Exiting my apartment, I pull the door closed and turn right, making my way to Lauren's. I take in the metal numbers nailed onto each door until I reach 637.

I adjust my hair before knocking. Her footsteps echo from within the room as she immediately responds to the door. It swings open quickly.

"Welcome!" Lauren grins. She's wearing whitewash jean shorts and a red crop top. Her blonde hair partially covered the silver hoops that dangled from her ears. Though she's currently barefooted, I notice just how tall she is. I guess this is the closest I've ever stood to her.

"Hey!" I replicate her excitement. She gives way, letting me enter. Her place is definitely bold, but also warm and inviting. There's a dark blue-grey feature wall to the right as you walk in. The kitchen counter to the left of me is made of white marble which contrasts nicely the black cabinet doors beneath it. It wasn't a random-sort-of bold, it was careful and well designed. Dark greys blues and blacks paired with various white and ivory attributes made the room pop. I really love it.

"Your place is so beautiful," I comment honestly as I gaze around.

"Thank you! I must say it cost a fortune to have the interior done but I'm glad I made the decision" Lauren elaborates.

"Definitely worth it," I nod vigorously in agreement.

"I was thinking we could watch a film," she proposes. "I've got Netflix" her pointed hand directs my attention around the corner into her lounge area. There's dark grey-brown carpet and a white leather sofa surrounded by a few black bean bags. A large flat screen TV is mounted on the wall. She must be quite wealthy.

"This is practically a mini theatre," I say pointlessly, but I'm amazed by her apartment. I've noticed it's also a little bigger than mine. "Do you mind me asking what you do for a living?"

"I work primarily as a model but I also edit for a magazine on the side." She shrugs.

Lauren must be a pretty successful model. I see it, she's highly capable. Bubbly personality, long legs, blonde hair, ideal facial features. I nearly find myself a little jealous of her.

"So what sort of movie genres are you into?" She makes her way over to the couch and grabs the remote.