xʟiii : Circa

Colby has a stalker too.

What?

Here Colby is opening up to me about Lauren, and I haven't even mentioned Connor to him. Well, I guess Connor is a little different but insane, nonetheless.

Noticing my speechlessness, Colby speaks again.

"At Barkley's the other day, fans of mine entered after you brought up that I kissed you. I'm so sorry, Ella, I would've just said it like I'm saying it now. I freaked out in the moment because I didn't want to say her name in front of fans but at the same time I was trying to focus on not starting an argument and I was also praying that you weren't going to say-" He halts his rambling thoughts when I cut him off.

"I understand entirely," I admit and it's true, I do, now that I know there were fans that entered the cafe behind me that day. He didn't want to encourage any drama around Lauren. It's in the same way I haven't told a soul about Connor yet.

I pull him in for a hug.

"That you so much" he mumbles into the side of my head.

"We're good then?" I ask to make sure.

"Yes," he answers as we pull away from our embrace and he sighs with relief. "Let's start over"

Happy with this proposal, I nod my head in agreement. I don't like to dwindle in the past, although I do it a lot.

We fall into an awkward silence and I chuckle to shatter the thin layer of tension.

"Want to see what the others are up to?" Colby asks, standing when I answer with another nod nod. 

He could've easily kissed me in our silent moment just before, but he didn't. I internally acknowledge this with gratitude. If something were to spark between us, I didn't want to rush into it. 

I want to savour it.

We arrive back at the wide hallway during our hunt for Jas and Aaron.

"This house is incredible," I say, intending to deliver the complement earlier on but it slipped my mind when I saw Colby.

"Awesome, isn't it" a foreign voice comments, and I turn towards the sound.

"What's your name?" He asks as he unclips a large white dog from it's leash.

"Ella" I reply, distracted by the beautiful dog that had just run up to me, excited.

"Oh, this is Ella?" He looks to Colby.

"Yes" Colby is positioned slightly behind me, seemingly unsure of where this situation would go.

"Nice to meet you finally, I'm Elton. And that's Circa" Elton gestures towards the dog, who was currently enjoying my company.

"She's lovely" 

(A.N: Please remember to vote, this is my motivation! Thank you for reading too!)