viii : Finally, Barkley's

"Ella, are you alright?" Colby asked me, concerned.

We were making our way to Barkley's along the main road.

"Yup" I replied honestly. Kelly had slapped my neck quite hard but I'll live. At least she had been too short to get my face.

"Are you sure?" Colby prodded. "There's a red mark"

"I'm sure" I confirmed and pulled the hood of my hoodie closer to my neck to hide the red handprint. "It doesn't hurt"

Colby's concerned expression was put to rest.

We walked in silence down the bustling street for a moment.

"Thank you" he turned to me again.

"For what?"

"For ridding me of that snake" He clarified, chuckling.

I laughed. "No worries"

"We're here" Sam informed us, opening a door on the right. We followed Sam into the industrial-styled interior.

Seeing the food in the cabinet made me hungry. It looked like there were quiches, cakes and sandwiches on offer. We approached the counter and my mouth watered when I spotted the slices of vanilla cake.

"What would you like, Ella? We'll pay" Colby said.

"No, I got it" I retorted. "but thanks"

"You helped us with filming today, it's the least we can do" Sam explained.

"Are you sure?" I questioned.

"Yes. Now what can we get you?" Colby repeated, smiling.

I pointed to the vanilla cake in the cabinet.

"Good choice"

After ordering our food, we sat down near the cafes front window and I dug into my slice of cake. Colby had ordered the same thing. Sam had gotten a tomato quiche.

Halfway through our meal, someone caught Sam's eye outside the cafe. "There's Christian" he said, "I'll be right back, you two". Sam got up and exited the cafe.

"So, tell me why you're wearing a hoodie during summer here in Cali" Colby mused jokingly.

"I guess I just really love my hoodie. It's quite thin anyway" I explained my case. I'm not going to lie, being alone with Colby had made me a little nervous and quiet.

"Alright" Colby was not fully satisfied with my answer, though it was the truth. I'm obsessed with hoodies.

"You'll need to show me your drawings sometime" Colby nodded. Was he implying that we were going to hang out again?

"Maybe" I teased, earning a playful glare from him.

We then finished our cake in a comfortable silence before Sam re-entered the cafe with Christian Delgrosso. Damn. They're friends with him?

"Hey!" Colby pulled him in for a bro-hug before turning to me.

"This is Ella. Ella, this is Christian" He introduced us. Christian waved.

"I know you" As weird as it had sounded coming off my lips, he probably got it all the time.

"You watch my vines?" Christian asked.

"I've seen a few" I smiled.

"Awesome!"

A.N. If you've enjoyed this story so far, then please vote for the chapters :)