ʟvii : A New Beginning

The sincerity of his words had left my mind in a trance.

He liked me.

I felt myself voluntarily lean closer to Colby, my actions driven by the will of my heart while my mind had been kidnapped and shoved in the backseat.

He's hands reach out and I feel them gently cup my face. The perfect amount of moonlight streamed into the room, softly illuminating his irises. The effect was simply stunning.

His face gets closer and closer and I feel my heartbeat quicken. Realising what's about to happen, I become aware of my parched lips. I pull my lower lip into my mouth. I hear Colby's breathing hitch in the airy silence, then notice that his blue eyes are on my lips.

I want this.

Before I take further action myself, Colby seems to have the same thought because he stretches forward, closing what's left of the gap.

Although I'd anticipated it, his soft lips nevertheless take me by surprise. I hadn't remembered our first kiss being nearly this good. Now I had trust in him, whereas back then I couldn't afford to find pleasure in this type of action.

The kiss grows progressively hungrier when I realise just how right his lips felt on my own, our noses occasionally brushing. His hands still holding my face, pulling me closer.

Feeling a wash of energy and confidence, I place my hands over his collar bones where I feel the rise and fall of his chest and the erratic beating of his heart.

His kissing softens before he hesitantly pulls away. There's a satisfied smile on his face, an expression I've never seen on him before - the gentle and longing undertones of his features.

I grin, nearly laughing.

"What?" His own smile widens even more.

"You look adorable," I blurt. He scowls playfully making me chuckle.

Colby's hands travel down to my arms while mine remain on his shoulders. We stay like this for a peaceful moment, me using this time to think about the surreal feelings I got from that kiss. His previous amusement had gone from his eyes. Instead, they now held a serious emotion.

"If you give me a chance I will not hesitate in taking it," he says slowly. "I believe there is a lot more here than I'd initially thought," Colby beams.

I nod, the potential of his statements beginning to whir in my mind.

"Just think about it for now. Don't stress."

Believe me Colby, I am and I am.