ʟxii : Mister

We'd already filmed for twenty minutes inside the house and Colby now had the camera off.

"We should do an overnight here."

"Uhhh no thank you, mister," I comment with sarcastic hesitation.

My torchlight illuminated the wall as I walked. I swear there's spots of real blood on it. Loads of graffiti tags also clustered the dirty ivory wall paper.

We both stepped cautiously through the rubble; old broken furniture, bricks and tiles and weatherboards. With every step, I got more and more anxious at the thought of encountering an angry rodent or reptile. It didn't help that the floor boards creaked under our movement, being on the second level of the large manor.

I followed Colby into a room with worn down carpet. The bed is still there, though it looks like it would collapse with a single touch.

I turned back to Colby to find him examining a dresser.

"What are you doing?" I whisper as he opens one of the drawers.

His back turned to me, he shrugs in response. I approach him.

"Look what I found," Colby said, holding up a gold chain with a ruby pendant dangling from the middle.

A necklace.

"Here," he motioned for me to turn around.

"I can't-" I go to protest, not wanting to steal.

"It's fine, no ones going to miss it."

"If you insist," I sigh, holding my hair up so Colby can secure the necklace around my neck.

I let my hair fall, and look down at the red pendant. It sits at a perfect length, not too long.

"This is..." I begin to say but I'm distracted by it in the small foggy mirror on the dresser.

"Wow," Colby says from beside me. "It really suits you."

"Maybe I'll keep it," I chuckle, still not too keen on the whole stealing idea.

"Please do."

I nod, "thank you," I hush.

"Ella?" Colby looks me tentatively in the eye.

"Hm?" I question but my lips part as he moves closer, leaning in.

My eyes flutter shut as his lips make contact with mine. I didn't know I'd been craving this feeling so much since last night. I place my hands around his neck, deepening the kiss. This took him by surprise as a small moan came from him when our tongues touch. He's always been the one to initiate advancements, but not this time. I'm beginning to feel much more confident around him as I felt how protective he was of me.