xii : Beautiful

A.N: Spontaneous shoutout to fruhlings for being a supportive reader!

"Use your legs to stay afloat" Colby tried to tell me but I was panicking too much. He decided quickly to wrap an arm around my waist.

His touch was warm and instantly made me feel weightless in the water as he dragged me deeper out to sea. I'm calm now.

I hold his shoulder and look around for the wave.

"It's passed" Colby informed me and I sighed in relief.

"Can we go back in now?" I asked, noticing just how far we were away from the sand.

"Uhh," he teased, "I kinda like it out here"

"Not funny" I try to keep a straight face but we both end up laughing.

"I got you, you're not drowning today" Colby shook his head and smiles cheekily. His dark hair fell in front of his eyes but he swipes it back into place with his hand. Meanwhile, his other hand is still at my bare waist, supporting me.

"Ella, I went through and edited the clips last night and your filming was top notch" he turned to face me more but still held onto me.

I rolled my eyes, "glad I could help, but I didn't do that much"

Colby stuck his tongue out at me and I returned the favour. We laugh once more.

I began to shiver a bit, due to being in the water for a while. Colby seemed to notice.

"You cold?" He asks.

"A bit, but you're right, it's kinda peaceful out here" I nod comically.

"Yeah, we're quite far out now" Colby commented. We'd drifted a bit.

As I became aware of our current location, I felt Colby wrap his other arm around me. I stayed quiet, absorbing the warmth.

"You're really beautiful" Colby catches me way off guard. I hadn't even noticed him staring at me until now.

"Oh, um... thanks?" I offer shyly and he laughs lightly, then settles on a smile. His cerulean eyes were still spying my face while he still obtained a constant peaceful expression.

"What is it?" I asked after a moment.

"It's nothing," he grins but looks away momentarily, "can I teach you how to swim?"

A.N. Please vote for the chapters if you've enjoyed the story so far! Also DM me if there is something you'd like to see in the plot of this story in the near future <3