vi : Barkley's

Sam slid down from Colby's back. Colby stretched and sighed in relief.

"That's that for this weeks video. I hope you guys enjoyed that because I certainly did not."

"Shout out to your girl, Ella, for helping with filming. Thanks for watching everyone!" Sam added.

I stopped the recording and chuckled as the boys came over.

Thank you so much, Ella," Colby said meaningfully.

"No problem," I dismissed him, "glad to help"

Sam nodded at me in great approval.

"Um, want to come get food with us? We were planning on going to Barkley's just along the street." Colby proposed hesitantly.

"Okay, um, sure!" I agreed. This would be a good way to get to know LA.

"Have you been to Barkley's before?" Asked Sam.

"No, I haven't. Well, I haven't been anywhere really. I moved into an apartment a few blocks away just yesterday."

"Really? Welcome!" Colby said in near disbelief.

I nod, smiling, "seems unreal"

"Well, lets go drop this at the apartment and then we'll go." Sam said referring to the filming equipment.

The boys walked off as I stood awkwardly. I never knew in these situations if I was to go also.

But apparently, Colby had noticed my stationary position before turning to find me. "Lets go," he said, smiling.

I went with them, relieved.

I followed the two boys up the winding stairs to their apartment which was situated on the fourth floor. By the third floor, I was out of breath.

"There is an elevator, but it's been out of order since yesterday morning" Colby explained.

"Right" I said as I dragged my feet up the remaining steps. We then walked down a lengthy hallway, Sam in the lead.

"So what do you like?" Colby spoke up but earned a slightly confused look from me.

"I mean, hobbies" he clarified, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Oh. Um.. I draw" I tell him, "realism"

"That's really cool. You must be quite good"

"I'd like to think so by the amount of effort I put into it" I laugh.

"Any other interests?" Colby asks.

"Well, there is horse riding, though I don't think I'll be doing much in California"

"I have never ridden a horse before" he confesses.

"What?!" I'm shocked.

"It's true"

We follow Sam as he makes a left turn and stabs a key into the first door on our right. It opens and we walk inside.

"You have a really nice place" I say honestly.

"Thanks" says Sam. "We've been here for about six months"

The room is very modern. There's a small kitchen to my left and a lounge area splayed out in front of me. The balcony opposite us looks out onto the street and horizon. Two rooms diverge off from this main part; bedrooms, I assume.

Sam places the film equipment on the kitchen bench. "Alright let's go"